Sign in to follow this  

Talking to the big boys

I would really like to know how bigger in height or weight riders change their style and bike.I feel really cramped and dont have alot of control when standing and also my foot/leg(inside leg) gets in the way when turing tight.tyler thanks

how big an' old boy are you?? I'm 6'3 245 and my CRF fits me perfect after a few mods...

Tall seat

Low boy pegs

BRP bar mounts 3mm forward and 10mm taller

Fasstco Bars jacked way up high

SUSPENSION!!!!!

I'm 6'4" 245lbs. You can go to a higher bend on your bars to make it more comfortable and depending on the triple clamp set you can move them forward a little also(done both to mine). There is a mod that will drop your pegs a little and might give you more room as well. As for riding style just keep riding and practicing good technique and you'll become faster and more comfortable. The tips in here about where to put your weight, how and when to stand, how your elbows should be and all the others still apply. :cry:

how big an' old boy are you??

I've got a bottle half filled with witchhazel and woop ass I'm fixin to spray all over you!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

you know what's funny...i'm 5 foot 9 inches and i need taller handlebars, i have rm mid right now, but i really would like to get a taller bend, would the cr high or cr double high be better for me? :cry:

I need taller bars myself, but thats going to be a winter project since I dont wanna screw up the feel this late in the game. Thats just me tho, it might make things better it might take time to get used to im not sure :cry:

:cry: Hey, Thats Me!

I'm 6'5" tall and 265 lbs. The biggest issue I had was how cramped to cockpit was. I invested in the 1" bar risers and the Desert Bend Renthals. NOW I have plenty of room!

I stiffened up the suspension next and WOW! What a difference, What a bike! It's totally different! :cry: And much better!

When I ride other peoples bikes, makes me fall in love with mine all over again! :cry:

It's funny, but I like the lower bend bars because they seem to get me back into that "race ready" central position faster and more naturally. Just me though. :cry:

Im 16 ..i am 6'3 and weigh 265..my bike only hasd suspension, skid plate,and radiator braces..its stock.. and im a decent B level rider..i dont think that big guys needs a bunc of parts like that..oh ya i also wear size 15 boots.. :cry:

im 6 even and 180 and my bike fits me perfect. I might put on the wyndham bars though.

i am 6'4 or 6'5 245 on a KXF.

fits perfect

revalved suspension, heavier fork springs, lowered pegs(personal mod)

Get the fastway footpegs and make them the low boy style and then adjust your brake pedal and shifter to match it

im 5.7 and im 135 pure muscle and i can whip my ttr125l around like a cheese omlet and even if i fall i get my ass back up and try it again unless my bike is busted :cry: