Sign in to follow this  

Spare jets?

Anyone (at low altitude) want to sell me your unused JD parts?

Still not sure which direction I need to go with jetting...

03 WR250f, 2 1" holes in airbox, 172 main (stock canadian), manual states I have a 75 air jet and a 40 pilot jet (stock). FMF Q pipe.

I ride starting at 1000' and go up to 6000'. Will take spare jets or suggestions. Problems seem to be worst below half throttle, thinking I need to drop the pilot 1 or 2 sizes...

BTW anyone have that excel sheet that calculates your jetting for you? The link is down from TTFaqs...

The JD kit only comes with some main jets. No pilots are included. What type of problems are you having? Is it at or below 1/2 throttle? Might just be a needle adjustment or even the fuel screw.

Yeah, talked to Burned and he convinced me that it was likely in the needle. It's at 4 now, I'll drop it 2 clips and see what happens...

Might go down another main from 172, but don't want to go too lean for riding around my house...

BTW, what altitude is the Blue needle for anyway?

I think the read needle is a little leaner, so that would make it for higher altitudes, and the blue would be for lower. You'd have to ask JD what the possible altitude ranges are.

Sure, can you tell me what elevation he recommends it for first? I could be totally wrong about what I need...

Thanks! :cry:

PM me your address and I'll send you the needle. It is supposed to be for higher altitudes.