Sign in to follow this  

20mm offset clamps

has anyone put a set of 20mm offset triple clamps on there bike? did it help that little front end push when you went in to turns?

I have a set of Pro Circuit 20mm clamps on my X, best improvement I have made. Steers like I had hoped it would, NO push, very stable at speed.

I run them on both my 04 and 05.It helps but you could do with out.Just do some testing with the clickers and try different sag settings.You dont need the clamps unless its your last resort or you just want them to have.If you set up your suspension correctly you can make the bike turn just fine.

A link is no different than moving your forks up and down in the clamps Other than changing the progression of your rear shock, it only raises and lowers the back of the bike. Clamps increase the trail to improve steering, while keeping the bike in balance. http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/elenk.htm

I spoke with a number of folks who set their X up for GNCC racing. Specs are as follows:

2 clicks softer on fork compresion, 1 click harder (slower) on rebound, raise the fork tubes @ least 15mm.

Set the FREE sag @ 3/4" regardless of rider weight. 1 click harder (slower) on rebound.

The bike has a totally new personality in the woods..you find your self making tight turns with out evening leaning the bike. High speed sand sections are not a problem @ all. The catch is you must run a steering damper for this set-up to work. I was definitely impressed!