Sign in to follow this  

stock fork tube hight on 05 R

can I get some help? I took my forks off to get them revalved, upon re-installing them I forgot to check the stock hight. Can anyone go measure thier fork tube hight on thier bike that hasent moved them up or down from stock? Thanks BTW, from top off clamp to top of gold fork tube, not nut

sorry I can't help just replaced stock upper w/rg3,it's 1/4" above them but they may be a different thickness.

I think the baseline setting would be flush. Then adjust height for different trail/track conditions. That's what I always do anyway.

If it is the same as the 04, which I don't see why it wouldn't be, then it is 7mm. It IS in the manual, if you look hard enough, it is kinda tough to find though, but it is in there

In the '05 manual, pg 127 specifies 7mm from top of triple clamp to top of tube, not including the nut.

Mine, which is untouched from the factory, is at 6mm. Guess I have something to do tomorrow.

mg

There is a groove (line) on the tube about 7-10mm down from the top. When the bike comes from the factory that line is flush with the top of the triple-clamp.

found it, the reason why I wanted to know is when I put my bike back together I put the forks flush and noticed it did not turn as good as before. I will put them back to 7mm and I'm sure that will fix it. thanks