Throttle Jockey's coolant overflow in frame mod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Guys, let me get this right as I have not seen one of these in OZ. You use a turker baster (not sure of availability here) which basically has a tube out one end and is tapped into the radiator overflow line. Is there a small hole in the top of the baster for any exces blow by or overflow? This woks like a vaccum pushing overflow up into the baster (resevoir) not from the top into it and then sucks it back as required? Bloody brilliant. Will start hunting for a baster. :applause:

I like the turkey baster trick...But, do you just run a hose from the overflow tube up to the bottom of the baster? Also, what do you cover the top of the baster with? Can you post a pic from the other side of the radiator? Im new to this bike, just bought a 05 450x last week and love it. Any help will be appreciated... :applause:

Guys just get a 250X coolant catch tank and get tabs welded on the rear LHS subframe.

Looks factory and uses OEM parts.

Costs about $80 Australian and gives peace of mind when out on the trails.

Mine looks awesome.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I forget who's bike i saw it on, but i was flipping through one of my mags and one of the pros had a redbull can mounted in behind his header to catch excess coolant, im not sure if it sucked it back in when it needed it or not...but it was cool.

I'm a little confused on how the excess gets back into the radiator... If a predefined pressure overcomes spring tension when overheating, and fluid is emitted, now being caught by turkey basters/Frame mod, how does it get back into the radiator? Or are just capturing it so you can manually put it back in the radiator. We all know Engine Ice doesnt come cheap, but, the rad cap is like a 1 way check valve...

• Like 1