Sign in to follow this  

Riding in the Lake County IL AREA!

Does anyone have their own mx track or a place to ride in the Lake County area. Traveling can get real expensive real quick. Just looking to find somewhere close to ride and get some practice in so I can save all the money I can for the next race year.

Thanks

Chris

Lake County ain't happenin' :cry:

McHenry has a riding area but gets busted by cops every so often. They just tell you to leave though.

Other then that, your looking at crap hole Bong Rec in Kenosha.

What town are you in?

Forget that bong place...That sucks! I am in the Waukegan/Beach Park area. I have some trails that I ride but was just wondering if anyone had their own track. I can't wait to buy some land and build my own. Hopefully soon! I go to Lake Geneva but that gets a little expensive.

We need to get 10-15 people together at once and pool all the cashe, build our own subdivision out in the middle of Hebron (or some other boonie town). The track is in the middle and you build your houses around the track as a buffer (similiar to the golf courses).

Dig the center down as a small gravel pit, re-distribute the saved top soil for the track, sell off excess gravel surplus to mining company. This way the track sits lower to provide more of a noise buffer.

You set it up as a club with due's ect,, (Unfortunately you will have to have strict enforced rules since this is where people live) watering system cause dust is always a prob, and landscape it with big ass pine trees all over to help buffer the noise. :cry:

I will develope the plans and sell my house when ever you guy's are ready. :cry:

We need to get 10-15 people together at once and pool all the cashe, build our own subdivision out in the middle of Hebron (or some other boonie town).

Agreed. :cry:

LOL....I got mine up for sale today. Lets see those plans! :cry: The riding are by my house is just some trails under the powerlines. I can take that to the railroad tracks and pretty much go anywhere. There is a guy that has a really good track not to far from me but he don't let anyone ride it. I have tried a couple times but he still says no. I sneak on it every now and then! :cry: That is all I need is just a practice track...Is that too much to ask?

There is a guy that has a really good track not to far from me but he don't let anyone ride it. I have tried a couple times but he still says no. I sneak on it every now and then!

Now come on, you cant' blame the guy, having a track around this area would be like keeping fly's off of $h!t. You get asked by everyone that sees it. Nope, gotta get your own. :cry: