Sign in to follow this  

Dirtygirl Video

how fast were you going? I like that "wooo" at the end of the jump :cry: :cry: Its all good :cry:

Not fast...I'm a newbie and a scaredy-cat.

how fast were you going? I like that "wooo" at the end of the jump :cry: :cry: Its all good :cry:

You may be a newbie and a scaredy-cat but that looks AWESOME to me.

Looks like you are on the edge of a cliff there, how far down is the water? Be carefull dont want you getting a hand full of throttle and shoting off the edge. :cry:

I think it is totally awesome! :cry::cry: I just love the fact that women and girls are getting involved in this sport. I just bought my 7 year old daughter a TTR90 and took her out a week ago for her maiden voyage. It was so cool that my wife and daughter were riding with me. :cry:

:cry: Good Job Dirtygirl :cry:

Ohh and I like the Background too. That must be amazing to ride so close to the Ocean

Keep on posting Pics and Vids :cry:

Nice!!!!!

By the time I get there (Dec) you better be clearing 30' or no beer for you :cry:

Don :cry:

COOL! :cry: My heart was in my throat thinking about doing that :cry: Great job! :cry:

you are flexing too much at the waist. You will end up wearing the crossbar for braces if you dont stop that now.

do what ever it takes to keep your back rigid and let the suspension soak up the landing. If you have to flex to soften the hit, then get the suspension done. you really really dont want to smash into the crossbar.

welcome to the world of flying low. :cry:

DG, that was great, you and I are jumping about the same right now, it is fun and a bit scary at times, but you need to do it.

Keep the vid's coming and the amazing pics you have.

btw, I saw you without your helmet on... :cry: :cry: :cry:

you are flexing too much at the waist. You will end up wearing the crossbar for braces if you dont stop that now.

do what ever it takes to keep your back rigid and let the suspension soak up the landing. If you have to flex to soften the hit, then get the suspension done. you really really dont want to smash into the crossbar.

welcome to the world of flying low. :cry:

Thanks for the input. I need as much help as possible and welcome it. I will watch the video and try to figure out what you are talking about. I have had zero instruction and am new to all this (not even a bicycle rider!).

I watched the vid again, bearing in mind i'm no jumper at all, but maybe it's because you're going straight into the seated position on landing? try jumping and ride out of it still standing?

Just my thoughts... :cry:

What gear where you in? You gotta land on the backside as to soften the landing. I like jumps like that because I can land on the backside usually but if I mess up and jump short it is ok cause I land just like you were just don't over jump it. I would probably shift up to third or so and pin it right at the jump then if you get to where you would want to land on the backside tap the rear brake to have the front wheel drop down or give it a twist on the throttle to get the front up more. I think that jump would be sweet on a KXF hell it would be sweet on my DRZ. I hear some people don't like the DRZ on the track but it works just fine for me just a tiny bit on the heavy side but I can clear most table tops and doubles and the ones I can't are because of my fear. Of course probably becasue there suspension isn't set up like mine I dunno but I love jumping but I also like doing wheelies and stoppies. So when are we going to see you attempt the back flip no hander lander off of that jump?

Yeah also like he said don't sit down. I didn't watch it that closely but if your sitting down in the air don't do that. It will also hurt a lot more when you land if you are sitting. I used to have a problem with that but have gotten a little better.