Sign in to follow this  

need help on the te 400 cos buying one soon!!!

1)If i ride 110-120kph up to 100kms per day on the highway and ride off road 3 times per week. Would the husky develop any engine problems assuming i maintain the engine with regular oil change and other stuffs. (Take note the temp here is 32deg celcius all year round here)

2)How bout going long distance? (maybe 800-1000Kms in a day) Read the manual that the bike is not suited for it but read also that a guy won a 6 day enduro in 2001 clocking over 1500km on it.

3)If i put pillon footpegs and carry a pillion on it?

4)How far will it go for a litre of petrol.

5)What's the maintenance schdeule for this bike, like engine oil changes, spark plugs or any other things u guys could advice on.

6)Read that it performs really well off-road. Any comments?

7)Pros and cons of the TE 400.

Thanks all in advance for your comments and advice.

I would have bought it from u if u were here in the far east. Thanks anyway man. I'm based in indonesia and i need the bike for highways and trails too. The new TE 400 2001 model is offered to me at $4700usd. So u guys think it's a good price? So Ryboj, could u tell me the reliability of its engine and the bike as a whole cos here in indonesia, when u get stuck with a dead engine in the jungles, it means that u should just try to find civilisation asap cos there's lots of danger lurking after dark. Thanks for any comments or advice man.

Check my prior posts, lots of good info about what you want to know about... :cry:

i've read the review u had pasted before on some bike review site or sumthin and your posts are mostly bout TE 610s. Hope u don't mind, just want to ask from an ex-owner's experience with the TE 400 especially on it's reliability cause i've had too much engine probs with the KDX although the bike is a rush. The Yamaha WR200 was ok but as we all know that 2 strokes are more hassle than 4 strokes. So i'm makeing a great jump from 2 to 4T and also from jap to an european enduro bike. Still i need the bike to transport me around hence the question on highways and still be reliable for trails in the jungle. Really really appreciate your replies and thanks in advance man. :cry:

Hi,

If you look back over my posts, I have reviews on the TE400 and 570's as well.

As for engine reliability. They are solid.

Only issue may be getting the carb dialed in for easier hot starting issues.

Other than that, there are no issues.

They are simply great engines/bikes.

The 410's/610/400/570 engines are all based off the same design, and as far as I have read/heard/experienced, they are awesome/reliable engines.

I would have no issue bringing this thing into the jungle with AK-47's pointed at me. :cry:

:cry: allright!! then i'll get it... but it'll be in a month or 2. I believe if the maintainance is done religiously, it would outperform the xr4 in terms of reliabilty and beat the crap out of the Yammy's WR4 or the DRZ4E on fire trails. :cry: but let's keep the AK47s a distance :cry:

To keep that bike rolling....oil changes as much as you can (I do mine like every 5-8 hours of riding), clean the filter, valve adjusts every 20-30...and, just keep things lubbed.

As for better than the others? In many ways yes, and in some ways no. But overall, I would take the Husky over any of those any day of the week.

As for the AK's....just know you do have a 6th gear. :cry: