Sign in to follow this  

anyone using the athena 440 kit yet?

i was checking them out at KD cycle for $599 looks like a pretty fair deal price wise. anyone try one on there DRZ. looks like a bolt on and go kit! :cry:

They are all bolt on and go

I did the Lukes Racing /Millenium 450 for $550, I think they just went up to $600 and instant turn around since they had a cylinder.....cant beat that I think. They sell both but the Athena parts like rings are not as available when you need them

I don't have either but have thought about one but I don't ride enough any more for it. I would get the Millenium though as thats what Burned uses and I trust his opinion and he says it is the best.

how much faster or power difference is it with the lukes 450 kit. i know i will need hot cams and FCR, yosh exhaust. i traded in my crf 450 so i could get a street legal bike/trail but i am eventually going to want more power. i know the crf was all motorcross but i need more power out of the drz. i am just looking for some opinions on power options. the suspension is going to be redone first before the motor. i only have a few hundred miles right now. but by spring i am going to buy some engine mods. :cry:

They are all bolt on and go

I did the Lukes Racing /Millenium 450 for $550, I think they just went up to $600 and instant turn around since they had a cylinder.....cant beat that I think. They sell both but the Athena parts like rings are not as available when you need them

Are you having to run race gas with this thing? Thats my main reason I am going with the smaller one I really want the 450 just don't want to run race gas.