Sign in to follow this  

cleaning spooge out of gear?

Since my purchase of the little green monster, I have spooged 2 of my favorite pairs of shorts. :cry: I go to move it to work on it and lean right into some spooge. I have cleaned it all off the bike now, but how do I get it out of my clothes?

HELP!

Just a thought, but if you have black oily stuff from your exhaust, wouldn't that be an indication that it's running a little rich? :cry: A friend of mine had a CR250 that would oil down his rear brake, till he rejetted it.

Oxy never hurt the colors on my clothes. You can also make a paste with water and your favorite detergent powder, then spray over the top with spray-n-wash and let it sit for half a day or so. You might not want to do this on dark colors but it has never hurt jeans or khakis, in my experience.

Thanks again Firecracker! I knew someone with a 2 smoker would have the answer.

Corey - The bike had spooge all over it when I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy to report it is now spooge free! :cry:

I'm not even gonna ask what you mean by 'spooge'.

Yeah...in Florida "spooge" does not come from 2-strokes. It takes alot more than that. :cry: :cry:

I'm not even gonna ask what you mean by 'spooge'.

Yeah...in Florida "spooge" does not come from 2-strokes. It takes alot more than that. :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: Michigan, too... :cry:

I'm a little slow at picking up the subliminal message(no coffe this morning). :cry:

You're not missing much... the chosen word for the gunk out of her tail pipe used to be a slang term for something else when I was a potty-mouth little teenager, is all! I guess it is/was in Florida, too! :cry:

Actually, spooge is pretty typical on the 2 strokes, especially when they are being ridden on trails instead of tracks. Because you run at lower speeds and rarely get a good section where you can clean it out on trails, they load up & drool a bit.

We prefer to keep our bikes fairly spooge free but not completely because that often means they are too lean. I'd rather deal with a little spooge than a seized bike anyday.

I haven't had any problems with Oxy Clean hurting colors either. But, we have a standing rule in our 2 stroke household - put on work clothes to work in the shop!!! I don't even try to get those clean, just washed well enough to make them not stinky.

The favorite shorts in question may end up being my work clothes if I can't get them clean.

My bike still makes spooge, I just make sure I clean it off before I touch it. :cry: If there's even a small amount I can find it and smear it all over everything, before I notice it. :cry:

Looks like OXYClean is the clear winner! :cry:

I'm a little slow at picking up the subliminal message(no coffe this morning). :cry:

You're not missing much... the chosen word for the gunk out of her tail pipe used to be a slang term for something else when I was a potty-mouth little teenager, is all! I guess it is/was in Florida, too! :cry:

I don't think it matters what state you are in spooge is spooge, don't worry mama we all knew what you were talking about, but some of us obviously dwell in the gutter, me included. This could be a classic if it made it out of the thumpette forum.

Maybe if someone got more in depth with the where-a-bouts from which it came from it might get moved to another location! Let's not go there! :cry: :cry: :cry: