Sign in to follow this  

Riding at A Street Sat...?

Myself, GreenAgain, and maybe a few others are looking at checking out that A street area for an Sat (10/9) early morning ride, if anyone else would like to join! Especially if you've been there before, I'd love to have a 'guide' along! :cry:

:cry:

I'll be the guide. Just let me know when you solidify a meeting time. I think you said 8 a.m. or so. Should be a good time. Lots of long whooped out sections, good nasty climbs and water crossings. Should be fun. See you all Sat. :cry: :cry:

I might come along as well depending on what time you guys are starting. :cry: Gotta go into the office afterwards. I've never been there before.

How about 8am, meet at that gas station on the S/E corner of the 74/15, for fill-ups, drinks, etc, then caravan to the parking place down the road?

And Biggity, do you want to car pool from SD? I'm right near downtown, in Golden Hill...

:cry:

Its the surrounding area around Canyon Lake which is between the 15 & the 215. Its super rocky in some spots and loose in others, lots of hill climbs, whoops, etc.

Sep03152.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:excuseme:So what's the deal with this place? Are you allowed to ride or do you just hope there will be no ticket? I noticed some signs that say keep out, but others that indicate a trail is closed for regrowth (which would indicate a legal place to ride.)

Its the surrounding area around Canyon Lake which is between the 15 & the 215. Its super rocky in some spots and loose in others, lots of hill climbs, whoops, etc.

Sep03152.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BASTARD!!!! :lol: :lol: Of course you have to pic the picture of me crashing trying to make it up the hill! :lol: :lol:

Well I guess I can't bi*ch. Just look at my sig! :lol: :lol:

Where is "A Street" and what kind of terrain is out there ?

James

All kinds of terrain. Don't worry about your skill level. There is beginner to advanced terrain and you can sit back (like I do) and let the advanced riders charge the hills. Whoops, Sandy, Rutted, Water Crossings, Flat. It's got it all. Going to be a fun time! :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Just don't make me push your bike again. :cry::lol:

Hope you can make it! :cry:

:excuseme:So what's the deal with this place? Are you allowed to ride or do you just hope there will be no ticket? I noticed some signs that say keep out, but others that indicate a trail is closed for regrowth (which would indicate a legal place to ride.)

It's kind of unknown at this point. Nobody we know has ever got a ticket there. I remember someone telling me that the po-po pulled them over and just told them to stay out of a certain area. So basically I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hope you can make it!

i dont know if i'll be able to ride sat am, but i sure wanna! i am leaving home now for the drive south and will see some of you thursday at lw yeah? i only have contact info for a few people, but hope we all get to ride at least a little. i'll try and be at the gas station at 8 saturday!

see ya-

tommo

If I end up going, I'll meet you guys by the trees. :cry:

How long are we planning on staying?

BTW, DJ its much faster for us SD people to go up the 215 than take the 15 up past Elsinore. :cry:

Well, this sucks. I totally spaced that I am supposed to help my lady move into her new work office on Saturday. I'm trying to squirm my way out of it but this is going to take some magic. I'm at about 10% chance to make it now. Sorry DJ and GreenAgain. Hopefully Rocca...(Keith) will be there to guide you. I'm still working to go but it's not looking good unless I hire one of those illegal mexicans to help her! :cry: :cry: Maybe there is a positive aspect to living near the border besides their waves and off road areas! :cry: :cry:

Well, this sucks. I'm at about 10% chance to make it now. Sorry DJ and GreenAgain. Hopefully Rocca...(Keith) will be there to guide you.

Oh well. I'll make sure I wear my Laura Croft Tomb Raider watch with built in compass in case we get lost! :cry:

Hey guys,

Have a question for you. This "A" Street that your talking about. Does this link up to the area by the Perris Valley Airport? I ride there all the time. I started thinking maybe you guys are on the other side of the lake? Let me know thanks. :cry:

P.S. Biggity your avatar is making my pants tight...

Well, this sucks. I'm at about 10% chance to make it now. Sorry DJ and GreenAgain. Hopefully Rocca...(Keith) will be there to guide you.

Oh well. I'll make sure I wear my Laura Croft Tomb Raider watch with built in compass in case we get lost! :cry:

There is lots of high hills that you can climb up to look around. Most of them are high enough to let you see where we usually park the cars. You'll have a blast. Lots of riding space for you to go check out. You can do 30-40 miles there and rarely be on the same trail.