Riding at A Street Sat...?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm in. I'll meet everyone by the trees at 8:00, bald street tire and all. The map above gives good directions if anybody gets lost. For San Diego/Temecula people, here are faster directions:

Take the 215 north to Ethanac Road

Go west (left) all the way until the road stops

Turn right on Geotz Road

Turn on your first left (about 1/2 miles). This is Mapes Road.

Follow Mapes to the 4 way stop on the railroad tracks, then turn left onto "A" street.

Follow the road down past the factory where the road turns to dirt. Theres a big group of trees just west of there where everybody parks. I'll be in a green ranger.

See everybody tomorrow.

BTW, I rode with TOdd34 last night, and he said he was comming also ? This should be a good sized group.

Where was this thread hiding? If you could have switched it to a Sunday, I'd go. I was just out there riding last Sunday with Flynall, and his son Quentin. We've ridden from Perris Airport, and gone across the mountain tops to Lake Elsinore. Nice riding, but many sharp rocks. Watch out for the "closed" signs that are sprouting up all over the place. Housing is moving in soon!

If you want a cool guide sometime out there, and beyond, send Flynall (a.k.a. Roy) a PM. ?

Where was this thread hiding? If you could have switched it to a Sunday, I'd go. I was just out there riding last Sunday with Flynall, and his son Quentin. We've ridden from Perris Airport, and gone across the mountain tops to Lake Elsinore. Nice riding, but many sharp rocks. Watch out for the "closed" signs that are sprouting up all over the place. Housing is moving in soon!

If you want a cool guide sometime out there, and beyond, send Flynall (a.k.a. Roy) a PM. ?

Actually Roy came out to chat with us while we were riding Elsinor yesterday, he said he & his son should be there tomorrow, too! ?

Sorry I didn't make it today. Woke up today at 11:30 ? My bald rear tire would have probably left me stranded on every hill too ? Ordering new tires, sprockets, and chain as we speak.

Is that the ride up to Santiago Peak? What was the mileage? I'd like to do a DS ride like this sometime in the near future. Let me know when your doing it again ?

Looks like there are awesome views ?

DSCF0001.sized.jpg

Sorry I didn't make it today. Woke up today at 11:30 ? My bald rear tire would have probably left me stranded on every hill too ? Ordering new tires, sprockets, and chain as we speak.

You missed some GREAT riding, but yeah, the bald rear tire would have been no fun! ?

Mucho thanks to Flynall, A++ guide and talented rider, kept a varied group entertained & challenged!

It was nice to meet & hang with everyone... Todd, get Amy hooked up with the thumpette forum, at the rate she's learning in 6 months she's going to be whipping some BUTT on that TTR!!

21XR, very nice to meet you & your Dad, we'll keep you informed as to the Ocotillo trip!

Greenagain, I hope you're not too sore when you pick up your daughter this evening... "Daddy, why are you making all those faces??" ? I know I sure hurt, I imagine later tonight its only going to get worse! ?

And personal thanks to FLynall for helping dig me out of the hole I created for myself on that one hill climb, and to Biggity for that amazing catch when I flipped off the back of my bike on that narly section... dang, what a pleasant suprise THAT was, not to end up flopping on my backside! ??

?