Sign in to follow this  

Torture,Moto hawaii, and me

To anyone thinking of going to hawaii and riding with moto hawaii, DO IT. The guys are great. Jeff the owner, billy, and eddie are all great guy's and great riders that will cater the ride to you. They have great bikes and in my opinion some of the best riding that can be found. The ride will take your breath away, but the view's will knock you out. I had been talking with torture about going riding with him on oahu but with the way things worked out I decided to pay and ride with moto hawaii, this worked out great because torture and duane and p_5 decided to come over to kaui and ride with me on the tour. Things were shaping out to be epic. we had another rider with us named mikeas well. The day started out on a trail called powerline. This is a very slick trail and you must stay focused all the time because 1 false move and you will be on the ground. At the end of that trail jeff has a good Idea of your skill level and you will continue from there. The skill level of our group allowed us to see some great things. Mud mud and more mud. Seriously we went through a ton of mud, and this stuff is nothing like the mud we gave on the mainland. I had no idea mud came in so many colors. The stuff they call porcelin was slick, NO touch the brakes. After sloping our way through the mud bogs, pulling my bike out of a hole that sunk doen to the triple clamps ( thanks for the help billy) We were rewarded With a swim at a waterfall. This was truly amazing. It was there that torture and me sat at the base of the falls and he reminded me that all you fellow ttr's wish you were me at that moment. From there we rode to a place called kelapa, This place was awesome. The trail started with us plowing through six foot tall grass for about 50 feet before it opened to the trail. We climed a nice little hill into the mountain where the trail started to twist and wind through the trees and up and down the side of the mountain. Roots, rocks, roots, off cambers, roots, and beautifull vistas awaited us. It was at this point that mike had had enough and called it quits. Eddie took him down the mountain and to 7-11 to refresh and recharge ( mike would meet us for lunch later but never returned to the trails). I loved this section of trails It was starting to realy kick my butt but I was still loving it. I started out going fairly quick then started to fode and then just completely faded. I was following Duane with tortue behind me, I had decided to keep duane in my sight's. He's fifty two, I'm twenty eight should not be a problem right. WRONG WRONG WRONG. These guy's can ride, as I was coming apart like a cheap suit they all seemed to get stronger, must be something in the water .:cry: At the last hill climb I craped out the hill kicked my butt, and while I choked back the puke I told them I need to rest. While I rested they left my and played I think in on the side of the crater. After 15 minutes They came back and we headed down the mountain for some hard earned lunch. Lunch was awesome!!, but we need to get going if we were going to make some trails in anahola before heading back to jeff's. After a quick fuel stop at the entrance of the trails in anahola We headed out. I am very tired at this point And am making silly mistakes< but I push on can't quit, won't quit. Now these were some nasty trails, so nasty duane decides to take a dirt nap with the bike on top of him. We all laughed, hard . We were not in anahola for very long maybe only an hour but that was enough for me for the day We were debating if we should push on or get back so the oahu guys had enough time to catch there flight. I know the rest of the guy's could have continued but I was toast and suggested maybe we start to head back. We did head back but still had fun backtracking a little on the trail we came in on. We the hit a little section that weaved back and forth through some tall grass before hitting the road for the ride back. We cut off the road a couple of times as jeff wanted to show us some new trail sections he had just cut. Before arriving at his house he took us to a spot that overlooked hannale bay, just amazing.

This indeed was an epic day. To all of you that are considering the trip to ride with torture or moto hawaii, remember to be very honest with your riding ability if you lie, or fudge abit you could hurt yourself very bad, there were many times that the wrong move could have you off the side of a mountain or in a hole with a punge stick in your side, BE HONEST, maybe even understate a little. This will give you a chance to let your riding determine if you can handle more. I know Jeff and torture will apperciate it. Once again BE HONEST.

Thanks again Jeff,billy, eddie,torture, P_5, and duane, you guy's are the best

To all of you that are considering the trip to ride with torture or moto hawaii, remember to be very honest with your riding ability if you lie, or fudge abit you could hurt yourself very bad, there were many times that the wrong move could have you off the side of a mountain or in a hole with a punge stick in your side, BE HONEST, maybe even understate a little. This will give you a chance to let your riding determine if you can handle more. I know Jeff and torture will apperciate it. Once again BE HONEST.

Thanks again Jeff,billy, eddie,torture, P_5, and duane, you guy's are the best :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p:cry: :cry:

We enjoyed riding with you too! :cry: :cry: ;)

Most people think we're kidding when we say its tough here. World class riders all say Hawaii is the toughest place you'll ever ride due to the slippery nature of the soil. Add to that the humidity and its a recipe for challenging conditions. The best thing to do is exactly what pgr11 said. Be honest of your abilities. It will make all the difference in how much fun you have. :cry:

Again, PGR11, it was a pleasure meeting you and we definetly have to hook up again for some riding... :lol:

pgr11 getting ready to roost...

21-getting%20ready.jpg

Puinsai_5 and our guide Jeff... :lol:

22-brian%20and%20jeff.jpg

pgr11 in Hawaiian Heaven... :lol:

23-Chris%20on%20pwrline.jpg

Duane stirring some mudhole juices... ;)

24-Duane%20in%20mudhole.jpg

Hanging out at places like this is why I'll never

move away from Hawaii. It truly is Heaven on Earth. :lol:

25-blue%20hole%202.jpg

Moto Hawaii is the way to go!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

pgr11,

Going to kauhi thursday and was going to hit the moto hawaii but broken tib fib put the kabash on that. Still hobbling around with no more than 50 lbs of weight on the fracture. Read about moto hawaii in dirt rider and wanted to check it out. Sounds like you had a slice brother, good on ya. Later on in nov I'll be go to go. Peace out. :cry:

I was in Kauai last week. It rained each night. After doing some hiking, I realized just how slippery the mud is. I can't believe you guys rode in that. Amazing!

We we falling down, sliding sideways, losing control....just walking!

I did a 4 hour "Kauai ATV Adventure" that was in a two seater "mudbuggy" that was pretty fun.

Man that sucks that yopu can't go riding while you are there. Even though you are not riding still call moto hawaii if you want to book any other tours. Karin is great and will be able to hook you up :cry:

I just got home from Kauai and Moto Hawaii! Jeff and his crew did an awesome job! I got to do the trails PGR11 talked about on my first day and went to the west side of the island on the next day!

Epic is really a great term for the riding they do there. A brilliant combination of moderately technical (but diabolical with the mud), railing singletrack, fun dual-sport roads, and incredible vistas...all make this a ride adventure to remember!

Thanks Jeff and Karin! The personal touch and attention make it all that much better. Come visit here and I'll get you into the jet simulator and take you up to the mountains to ride!

Motohawaii.com ROCKS!

I posted some pics on my website:

http://www.dreamstriker.com/images/MotoHawaii/

Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to pull off a vacation like that. :cry:

Sounds like an awesome time, and the pictures look incredible. :cry: