Sign in to follow this  

Jetting question

This weekend I was riding at about 9,000 to 9,500 feet. The air was probably between 50 and 60 degrees. I have the dynojet kit, 3x3, and stock exaust. I rejeted for 10,000 feet, 128 main, 3rd clip. My bike had maybe half the power it usually has. It was like riding a bad moped. There was no way to lift the front tire, and I could barely get the back tire to even spin. I was shocked at the power loss. I don't know much about jetting, so my only option was to go back to my original jetting, 140 main, 4th clip. It made a huge difference. My bike had a little bog a low rpm, but it seemed to have more power at higher RPMs then ever before. So my question is if the 140 main worked so well at the high elevation, would I get more power with different jetting at lower elevations? Maybe a bigger main jet? Like I said, I don't know much about jetting.

The best way to figure it out is to ask Burned

Next if you want to go further since every bike behaves differently... You need to go in each direction until it starts not to run right and then back to the middle. Only change one thing at a time, dont change the needle and the jet for instance. The tough thing is some symptons can equal lean and rich like bogs, but bad popping is lean. (slight is normal) After a while you will feel it when it is really right.

you had the slide spring cocked and the slide wasnt lifting when you did the first change.

the jetting you tried was the correct jetting.tried and tested over and over.

Thanks. I'll have to try it again. Is that the little spring, or the big one that caused my problem?

I have to make the 300 mile drive back up there this week. My truck broke down up there and I had to leave it. :cry: Now I have to tow a trailer up there to get my truck.