Sign in to follow this  

reregister drz for uk

thinking of getting my drz back on the road,i bought it as stolen recovered,it has front headlight,horn and all switchgear in place but no rear tail light assembly or indicators front and back.any uk riders done this before,if so what was legally required and any ideas on cost.many thanks. :cry:

Hi, my bike was already road registered when I bought it but I believe you will need to do the following;

If you have the certificate of newness check that the engine and frame numbers match those of your bike. Go to the local DVLA office and complete a V55 form, hand over £25 for the registration fee, the fee for the road fund licence and the certificate of newness. If all goes well then you should be issued with a registration number and tax disc.

You can then buy a kit to make the bike road legal from Pro-Racing in Daventry (01327) 301322 for around £160. The kit includes, horn, switch gear, main loom, connecting plugs, rear light assembly, hydraulic brake light switch for front brake and instructions, they will also be able to supply you with a speedo that replaces the standard trip meter. It took me two evenings to install the kit and believe me I'm no expert.

I hope this helps and good luck.