Sign in to follow this  

I got it!! My new '05 with lotsa pics!! I can shut up now!!!

Here it is. I got it Monday (10/04/04) afternoon and did a quick once over and took it to the local MX track. I by no means do not intend to "gloat" about the '05 model, but I love it. I have no basis to compare it to the previous years, as I am sure they are just as fun. But, this being my first 2-wheeled MX bike, I am very happy. It is easy to start, lightweight (for a 450), turns really well, and has very smooth power. But, I can not get over how torquey this thing is!!! I mean, a slight twist of trhe right hand, and it JUMPS forward!!! It almost seems like a little too much for a 2 wheel newbie like me, but I am catching on real quick. Anyway, here are the pics. Some of when it was fresh on the trailer, and some of after the ride and installation of the D.I.D. X-ring chain, and hourmeter. Oh yeah, the spokes were REALLY loose after the first ride. I love this bike!!!

Fresh from the dealer:Imag0002.jpg

Imag0004.jpg

Imag0008.jpg

Imag0005.jpg

Imag0006.jpg

Imag0007.jpg

Imag0010.jpg

After stickers, chain, hourmeter, and break-in.

Imag0011.jpg

Imag0012.jpg

Imag0013.jpg

Imag0014.jpg

New Chain:Imag0015.jpg

Imag0016.jpg

Imag0021.jpg

Imag0022.jpg

Imag0023.jpg

Imag0024.jpg

Imag0025.jpg

Imag0026.jpg

Bad pic of the hourmeter with .8 hours!

Imag0027.jpg

Imag0030.jpg

Imag0032.jpg

Congrats Jimbo, sure is a beauty :cry:. I figure once I finish paying off my 05 250 in January I'm gonna pick up the 450. I too was going to get it for my first dirtbike but decided on the 250. Enjoy that beast.....and PLEASE, don't even pick up the drill. :cry:

Dano

You need to start drilling holes.

I knew that was coming.

:cry:.....second that

I suggest you order a set of graphics kit to protect those new plasticts before you go riding.

Hey Man, How much did you pay for that baby. I'm about to buy one and just curious how much I can expect to spend. It's beautiful......

Barry

:cry:

Those are nice pics. Congrats on the bike.

Can't tell, which hour meter did you go with? I installed a Sendec, but on the "passenger side"...seemed like a more direct route to the spark plug wire. But, I did have to remove the "2005 Honda CRF450" sticker". :cry:

I haven't rode mine yet (at a track anyway). I'll begin the steering head and linkage greasing tonight.

Not trying to change the thread, but is that a reloader on the bench.

Sure looks like one to me....wrong color though, should be Blue :cry: like mine.

Dano

Thanks guys. No, I won't be adding the "speed holes". Ibfurloughed, yes, that is a Lee progressive reloader on my bench. Good eye! I paid $6300 plus tax. The hour meter is the sendec unit with a "Pit Posse" logo. I mounted it on the left side so I can see the tach when making carb adjustments. Now, I just need to get a day off and finish the break in! :cry:

Man I remember when I got mine last year....I was sportin wood for at least a week.......you will love that beast just make sure you treat it right....congrats bro!! :cry: :cry:

Not trying to change the thread, but is that a reloader on the bench.

Sure looks like one to me....wrong color though, should be Blue :cry: like mine.

Dano

yeah, ride RED... reload BLUE!!!