Sign in to follow this  

250 big bore ?

I have been reading some of the old post on a big bore kit for a 250. It looks like the 280 kit is most popular. I haven't read much on something in between though. Here's my question, I have a 91XR250L and have bad base gasket leak. I need to take the engine apart anyway so I may as well rebuild it also. The bike has 22000 miles on it and yes the engine does too. Can you folks steer my in the right direction to get some good "RELIABLE" power and still maintain the bullet proof character of it's bloodline?? Any good suggestions as what to do with the lower end also? I plan on at the minimum replacing the crank bearings, replacing all the necessary seals, and a general look over for stress cracks etc. Help me OB1, your my only hope. :cry:

Get ahold of Thumper Racing, they have a kit specific to the Xr250L, their tech support is impeccable

They offer differerent pkgs , you can buy just the parts , or send them the cylinder , or send them the whole engine .

Stu

Thanks, I need to give them a call. I have checked their website along with a few others. They seem to have the most options available.