Sign in to follow this  

Jemco exhaust looks like crap....:)

Ok, keep in mind this is only my opinion. I have heard about the Jemco system but after seeing the pics of it I was a little disapointed. With all of the high tech machinery available you would think there would be a little more professional finish and fit. It looks just like the pipes we made in high school metal shop. We used to completely hand make the pipes and mufflers. We would send them out and have them Cad plated. Cad plating was a low tech coating in the 70's and still is. In addition we would use better hardware than the "camper screws" that Jemco uses to hold the end of the muffler together. The end cap could be a one piece machined unit which I could machine in about the same time whoever welded the pieces together.

Maybe I'm being hypercritical but I am amazed with the fit and finish of my crf450 and I could not imagine having this pipe on my bike. Please no one take this personal. Is the price and performance that good?

Keep in mind like I said earlier this is only my opinion and I am talking about the pipe made for the CRF450. If you are wondering which pipe I chose it is the Yosh pro Ti system. So some of you guys fill me in on the up sides of the jemco system.

Cliff

Ok, keep in mind this is only my opinion. I have heard about the Jemco system but after seeing the pics of it I was a little disapointed. With all of the high tech machinery available you would think there would be a little more professional finish and fit. It looks just like the pipes we made in high school metal shop. We used to completely hand make the pipes and mufflers. We would send them out and have them Cad plated. Cad plating was a low tech coating in the 70's and still is. In addition we would use better hardware than the "camper screws" that Jemco uses to hold the end of the muffler together. The end cap could be a one piece machined unit which I could machine in about the same time whoever welded the pieces together.

Maybe I'm being hypercritical but I am amazed with the fit and finish of my crf450 and I could not imagine having this pipe on my bike. Please no one take this personal. Is the price and performance that good?

Keep in mind like I said earlier this is only my opinion and I am talking about the pipe made for the CRF450. If you are wondering which pipe I chose it is the Yosh pro Ti system. So some of you guys fill me in on the up sides of the jemco system.

Cliff

no offense here! :cry: the complete system only costs $260. while i do think that it could be prettier, in the end it is performance that counts. if john starts making them prettier with more machining then the price will surely increase. i am taking him both of my bikes so he can make a lowboy header setup to pull the can in further. i replaced the screws he used with some flush-fit ones. i will be getting some anodized screws soon and i may get the can powder coated. :cry:

Shawn,

You are very right I would be embarrassed if I paid 800 dollars for the Yosh. My cost was about half of that. Your reply and the previous reply is exactly what type of answers I was looking for. I receive support from White bros. and Anaheim Motorsports otherwise I would not have the parts I do. If I had to pay retail I would seriously shop for the highest performance parts in my price range.

But at the same time I work hard and have a good paying job and as long as the wife allows it I'll buy what I feel are the best. Keep in mind your buying a $6,000.00 dirt bike because there the best. Why stop there? I wish Jemco all the luck in the world. At $260 bucks if the performance is what you say it is than they rock. I have been doing fabricating and machining since 1971. I can sit and stare at a F1 car for hours just tripping out on the technology and the fabrication. I honestly just kick back in my shop sometimes and look at the CRF. Maybe I have a wierd outlook about things but thats just me. I have been a police officer for 15 years now but I have owned my own small business now for 14 years. I mean nothing negative about the Jemco exhaust and wish the company well. I would never rule out using one. You guys have convinced me that price and performance is what makes it the pipe for you.

Stay Safe,

Cliff

I do believe this is the first time I have ever agreed with a police officer. You're right, the jemco does look like crap, I would never put that on my bike. I posted this a while ago when everyone was drooling over the jemco, and I got hammered. It looks like a old coffe can pounded out. Sorry, if I offended anyone, but I like to speak the truth.

Opinions are welcomed, flaming is not :cry:

I love my pipe (Yosh header and Supertrapp silencer) and think it looks "works" or something...and it works superbly!

And I liked the price too...but don't get me wrong, if put up with the noise because it IS a damn good performer. If not I would go to something quieter and stop scaring little children and old ladies...

I love going into the big bowl turn at VP on a loamy day when people are standing right at the fence, and laying a 55hp rear knobby into the top edge of the berm and blasting dirt all over...after a couple of passes, people back up when they see my bike coming...between the BRAAAAAAPPP-RROOOOOAR of the pipe and the large chunks of dirt, they think WWIII started... :cry:

I think its beautiful! what you all think doesent matter caus all youll see is the open end of it and whish you had ear plugs. HaHa the performance is utterly amazing. Look back and see the dyno charts posted. At max RPM the thing makes 5-7 more HP than a 5-8 hundred dollar ti piece!

thats what im talking about

I do believe this is the first time I have ever agreed with a police officer. You're right, the jemco does look like crap, I would never put that on my bike. I posted this a while ago when everyone was drooling over the jemco, and I got hammered. It looks like a old coffe can pounded out. Sorry, if I offended anyone, but I like to speak the truth.

somewhere somebody thinks britney spears is ugly. i guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder! :cry:

somewhere somebody thinks britney spears is ugly. i guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder! :cry:

Have you seen Britney without makeup? Pamela Anderson too. Now Catherine Zeta Jones, she's good to go without makeup, pregnant, any which way. :cry:

Did you drop off your bike yet at Jemco, Brucas? I sent my header over there about two weeks ago and John said he was waiting for your bike. :cry:

Yeah, that's cobby looking, but if it works, who cares?

If I ever munch my stock pipe, it Dr.D. for me though.

I hope that the Jemco pipe does not catch on, it loks like crap and sounds even worse, too $%#@$%& LOUD !!!!

Gee maybe if the Jemco catches on we can finally close down our few remaining riding areas, then we can all take up golf...

If you care even a little bit about this sport and its future, do not buy a loud pipe, no matter who made it !!!!

don't get all sad at the loud pipes man. :cry: its not our fault that the loud pipes outperform the other quieter pieces of crap. its also not our fault that the loud pipes are the cheap ones, handbuilt by real people either.

both bikes are there. should have some results in a month or so when i get back from florida.

david casey

somewhere somebody thinks britney spears is ugly.

possibly a bad example Dave...

BritneySpears-EsquireWallpaper.jpg

damn :cry::lol: SHe has one of the most banging bodies i've ever seen.... :cry: That lucky bastard that married here.... Jesus.... i bow down to this woman. :cry: :cry: :cry: