Sign in to follow this  

List and rate all street legal Super motos in US

Please help me to determine what I can buy now or at least 2005 models..,price, power, and other important info.

You mean legal from the factory?

KTM SMC625

VOR SM-E450

SM-E530

Husaberg FS450C (I believe these are all road legal)

FS450E

FS650C

FS650E

yes legal from the factory and available for sale on the East Coast..

I have never seen a Vor or husky on the street. I have only seen a KTM Duke and a mz baghira

The 625smc is out of the picture for 05'. That leaves just the VOR's and Husabergs until the Suzuki DRZ400sm comes out. The selection of street legal motards sucks big time. I think the demand for street legal motards is definitely growing very rapidly now and many people are becoming interested in it and want a bike already setup. I for one prefer that it stay the way it is or every squid and his brother would be ripping around on motards and then it wouldn't be so unique anymore. If you can't build it, you can't ride it :cry:

are you sating that the Ktm duke and the Baghira are not really supermotos because They were not built up from dirt bikes

The Huskys are here.

At least it sure seemed that way. I believe that SMR has an article on one, but I do not recall if it was street legal or not. I did learn that the MSO does NOT state "for offroad use only", and that means that it can be registered in any state as a street bike if you put the gear on it.

Oh, and they move pretty damn good too! We are talking CRF450 fast, with what appears to be better suspension.

-MW

No, I'm not saying it's not a supermoto! But it's more of a street-moto rather than performance based machine, Which might be a good thing - depending on what you're looking for

lol free ride, why you got the husky on a stand when it has a kickstand. I do have to admit the husky's look nice.

Heh, that stand's a whore. It's a Sui-Stand, like Ducati had for a while. As soon as you move it, it pops up and the bike goes over like a drunk in the parking lot. It's getting a tupperware bellypan this week for the track this weekend, and the kickstand removed, so you might see it on a Pit Bull next.

I am pretty happy with it overall. I haven't had a lot of time to ride it yet, but it's great fun. The RC wouldn't get much attention over the winter, so this should make a great replacement.