OXTAR Boots

I bought a pair of Oxtar boots at the Chaparral sale for my son. They appear to compete directly with the Alpinestar Tech 6's. Nice boots, but until my son recovers from his broken leg, he won't be able to try them out.

Has anyone else out there tried these boots? I'd like to know what you think of them.

Jimbo

I have a pair of the TCX Pro boots which compete with the Tech 8's (booties inside).

The fit is as good as the Tech 8 and the support is better.

I like them very much EXCEPT - the buckles! The loop part easily gets stuck in the latch (the thing you pull down). Every time I take them off I get at least one of the buckles stuck. ?

I have the TCX Pros also and they are very comfortable and protective. They have held up well this summer and I expect good life out of them without the loss in support you typically get from leather only boots after they get soft. I also have found them to be the most waterproof boot I have worn. Even when I stepped in water over the top of my boots, what little water got in didn't get in the booty and my feet stay dry. Very, very happy.

The buckles can be difficult to get off if the strap gets caught on the buckle though. One thing I found helps is to spray the buckles with silicone, they work so much easier.