Sign in to follow this  

What I can't stand!!!!!!

I don't mean to get on a soap box, but when I go racing and get up to the gate (espacally on bigger weekends), people over the gate packing down the soil to get a better start. When I go racing I am the lone ranger no one to help me, no one would it I asked. I dont have a team of people to set the start up for me, people to hold a spot on the line so a new set of goggles to be fetched because the last ones were breathed on wrong. What are the rules on going over the gate in the AMA?????? This past weedend there was a rider on the otherside of the box in the middle of the lineup. This riders crew was picking up the rocks in his way, some lady on his crew threw this boulder right in front of me. I was pissed off. Great idea not only change the track for the rider in question, but hinder the others. Anyway, these people over the gate changing the track, what are the rules on that. If I don't like the way the rut goes on the forth corner can I go run out and pack it down, or change a jump, NO.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Here's my take... ride fast and learn to roost 'em all. I ain't given up 'til I'm in front - and then I'm gonna run even faster.

I don't mean to get on a soap box, but when I go racing and get up to the gate (espacally on bigger weekends), people over the gate packing down the soil to get a better start. When I go racing I am the lone ranger no one to help me, no one would it I asked. I dont have a team of people to set the start up for me, people to hold a spot on the line so a new set of goggles to be fetched because the last ones were breathed on wrong. What are the rules on going over the gate in the AMA?????? This past weedend there was a rider on the otherside of the box in the middle of the lineup. This riders crew was picking up the rocks in his way, some lady on his crew threw this boulder right in front of me. I was pissed off. Great idea not only change the track for the rider in question, but hinder the others. Anyway, these people over the gate changing the track, what are the rules on that. If I don't like the way the rut goes on the forth corner can I go run out and pack it down, or change a jump, NO.

I don't worry about what people do to their own 'line' (on either side of the gate), but I definitely don't let them get away with changing mine. If someone is throwing dirt or rocks onto your line say something!

AMA rule book states that you CAN NOT alter anything infront of the gate at all in any way, packing, removing rocks etc. You can mention it to the starter, whether or not he will do anything... different story. When I was at 4 stroke nationals they jumped all over you if you tried to step infront of the gate to prep it. I was at one race in NC where they made a guy start backwards on the gate because he would not listen to the starter about going over the gate. Kind of funny, he didn't do it again. :cry:

Steve

That's the way I run my races no farming in front of the gate you may ask the gate operator to move something ,behind the gate I don't care as long as you don't bring your D 8 Caterpiller

I think they can only go 15ft on packing the soil. And as for trowing rocks, they cant be trowing it in forn of people like tha. Just ask the guy in the gate next to you to hlod your bike and g opack it your self.

In every race Ive been to you cant do anything in front of the gate. Behind it you can do pretty much anything you want. If its a concrete start you shoould bring your own broom and have somebody hold your bike while you sweep. Usually other riders are cool enough to hold your bike for you at least.

Just get a CRF450 and burn everyone off the start and on the track.

Only problem is the other 23 CRF450's on either side of you... :cry:

Just get a CRF450 and burn everyone off the start and on the track.

Only problem is the other 23 CRF450's on either side of you... :cry:

Oh that is sooo true.

I always pack my gate. It really does help. Not in front obviously but I hate rolling forward into the gate. I just hold my bike right next the rut and kick away.