Sign in to follow this  

way to pick bike up

has anybody figured out a way to make a strap or something to hold on to when picking up your bike insted of grabbing the fender or pipe.any ideas ? pictures ?

The handle at the top edge of my rear fender works fine. They flatten the plastic there to make it more confortable on the hand instead of the sharp fender edge like it is more toward the back. That handle isn't working for you?

you mean that tiny slot thats at a angle ?

I'm left handed, so I grab the left side subframe. No twisted plastic, no hurt hands.

For me its easier to lift the bike onto a stand by grabbing it lower, like on the subframe. And I wouldn't say the right side fender works very well - after the bike has been running, I'm not sticking my hand between the fender and the muffler - no way, no how!

i always put my right knee/hip into the left airbox/sidepanel, left hand on the bar, wiht my right hand I reach over grab the bottom of the swingarm and lift/push onto the stand...i never really thought about it before i just do it :cry:....front wheel never leaves the ground when i do this, kinda acts as a pivot point