DR mag article 250F top end rebuild

Good informative article in latest Dirt Rider mag (arrived yesterday) on doing a top end rebuild and timing chain replacement on a YZ250F. I just looked at the photos (lots of them) and read some of the captions--and with just a short glance at the article (my son took it over) my mind is now at ease when I tear into and replace my pistion this winter.

I do have to say one thing though...it sure costs a ton more to rebuild a thumper.. it also costs alot more to mod the motor up...im checking into getting mine done by PC, after all..a PC motor was the bike doing Larrocos leap at the last Red Bud national.

a PC motor was the bike doing Larrocos leap at the last Red Bud national.

Even if you had the PC engine could you do the leap?

Last weekend I watched Josh Hill eat all the local pros and their hight tech bikes on a stock YZF, I'm not talking beat them I mean destroyed them, it still takes 90% nads & 10% bike to be a winner.

a PC motor was the bike doing Larrocos leap at the last Red Bud national.

Even if you had the PC engine could you do the leap?

Last weekend I watched Josh Hill eat all the local pros and their hight tech bikes on a stock YZF, I'm not talking beat them I mean destroyed them, it still takes 90% nads & 10% bike to be a winner.

unless you are 10% rider, then it takes 90% bike. ?

it still takes 90% nads & 10% bike to be a winner.

RC will either will either prove or disprove this in 1 years time.

either the red bikes are better than the yellow or not.

perfect on a ringding, perfect on a thumper it matters not which yellow bike he rides. if in '05 he's not perfect, it's the bike and therefore MORE than 10%!

now, Bubba will have a few things to say about that outdoors title just like CR will indoors.

i saw a 52 year old man put the screws to guys half his age earlier this year in a hare scramble on a stock bike in the pro class.