Sign in to follow this  

Just how fast is the DRZS

Ok, this is totally just out of curiosity. But has anyone timed their DRZS from 0-60MPH? Before I bought my DRZS, I was riding a 96 VFR and it supposedly could do 0-60mph in 3 sec. Just by a seat of the pants comparison, I'd guess the DRZS could do it in 5 sec. Does anyone have any real numbers?

Not sure about the DRZ, but that would have been one fast VFR as a Hayabusa would have a hard time getting there in that time. I would guess 5 seconds is just about right if you cane it.

Its more quick that it is fast. :cry: I think

This I kind of a weird question but, is there reason that my bike is slowing down? The day I picked it up in St. Louis I got up to like 112mph indicated and rev. out. Lately I have had trouble getting the bike to 99mpm with the same tires and every thing identical to the day I picked it up. Is I just an elevation change and I need to rejet or are my valves getting tight. :cry:

I don't know but the way mine is geared if I pin it I will loop it if I'm starting out from a stopping point. I have heard people say they cant do wheelies just by rolling the throttle and I don't really understand that because while mine is far from stock I can just twist the throttle fast and the front end will come up in the air. I don't know how fast 0-60 but I would guess 6 or 7 seconds but 5 may be correct. Anyone want to go test it out for us?

Not sure about the DRZ, but that would have been one fast VFR as a Hayabusa would have a hard time getting there in that time. I would guess 5 seconds is just about right if you cane it.

Yup, that VFR was fast. But it's actually pretty normal. All the new 600cc sport bikes do that, and the 1000cc are usually in the high 2's. I don't know for sure, but i think the hayabusa is in the high 2's as well.

I guess I'm going to have to time the DRZS myself. It shouldn't be too hard since it has a clock right on the display.

5 seconds???/ thats more than most cars.....i'd have to believe it to see it :cry:

Ummm... I dunno about your ttr, but a drz will spank just about any car 0-60. I've raced my '72 challenger 340 and my fathers '86 corvette and neither can touch the drz 'till around 75.

I don't know but the way mine is geared if I pin it I will loop it if I'm starting out from a stopping point. I have heard people say they cant do wheelies just by rolling the throttle and I don't really understand that because while mine is far from stock I can just twist the throttle fast and the front end will come up in the air. I don't know how fast 0-60 but I would guess 6 or 7 seconds but 5 may be correct. Anyone want to go test it out for us?

Yeah, my S is bone stock and she'll lift the front wheel up just by twisting the throttle. Normally just a few inches, but if i'm going up a slight hill, she'll wheelie enough to scare me. Will be jetting and changing gearing soon. Can't wait! :cry:

That's what he said--the drz should spank most cars. I've had punks try to race me on my sv650 (faster 0-60 than the gsxr600 and I think the 1000 also) and there's no way. I don't care what car it is...not a chance.

Its more quick that it is fast. :cry: I think

This I kind of a weird question but, is there reason that my bike is slowing down? The day I picked it up in St. Louis I got up to like 112mph indicated and rev. out. Lately I have had trouble getting the bike to 99mpm with the same tires and every thing identical to the day I picked it up. Is I just an elevation change and I need to rejet or are my valves getting tight. :cry:

My top speed is about 151kph, that's about 95mph. So your 99mph sounds good to me. Don't know how u got 112mph out of your DRZ. :cry: I didn't even think it could do that with a tailwind going downhill because of the rev limiter.

5 seconds???/ thats more than most cars.....i'd have to believe it to see it :cry:

i can think of about 100 different cars that i could smoke 0-60 on my bike. how many cars can you name that run 0-60 in 5 seconds?

Yea my DRZ will smoke just about any car I can think of. I didn't really pay attention to you saying that but since others have brought it up the DRZ will take most of the cars out there. I doubt a TT-R would but a DRZ would.

The stock DRZS has roughly the same power-weight ratio as a Viper. Assuming traction isnt an issue (it shouldnt be) and you only have to shift once (60 is just into second gear?), puts it into the 4.5 second range. Faster 0-60 than most cars for sure...

More power, bigger tire and a crazy launch it should be a little faster.

i can think of about 100 different cars that i could smoke 0-60 on my bike. how many cars can you name that run 0-60 in 5 seconds?

Lamborghini Diablo and a Ferrari Testarossa can both do it in about 3.5 But thats on a track after many, many tries.

Lamborghini Diablo and a Ferrari Testarossa can both do it in about 3.5 But thats on a track after many, many tries.

Well, you're taking cars that are worth well over $100k to use as your example, and sadly, my old stock VFR would still beat them. :cry:

Here are the specs on a new CBR1000RR

Corrected 1/4-mile: 10.24 sec. @ 140.09 mph

0-60 mph: 2.92 sec.

0-100 mph: 5.41 sec.

Top-gear roll-on, 60-80 mph: 3.07 sec.

I broke the sound barrier once with mine. Or was it the baritos!!! :lol::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I read an article in the archives that said 2 mags gave a bone stock S 0-60 5.4 seconds. I can throttle wheelie my S in the first three gears (third has to be in the right rpm though). With 3X3,dj kit,14-47 gearing, and knobbies I ran top GPS speed of 135 km/h. Hope this helps.

(((but a drz will spank just about any car 0-60))

Damn Straight!

It would have to be a really fast car and have to want it really bad but to take a me from zero to 60. I've just never seen it.

I read an article in the archives that said 2 mags gave a bone stock S 0-60 5.4 seconds. I can throttle wheelie my S in the first three gears (third has to be in the right rpm though). With 3X3,dj kit,14-47 gearing, and knobbies I ran top GPS speed of 135 km/h. Hope this helps.

There we go! 5.4 sec. Guess my seat of the pants guess was pretty close. Thanks Sunnyboy. :cry:

I plan on doing the same mods as you soon. Can't wait to see how much faster she'll be :cry: