Sign in to follow this  

WR stator/generator on a YZf?

Anyone know if the Stator, generator and cover from a WR would fit onto a YZ? Looking for a less costly route than buying the stator/generator from eline at $499 a pop!

I have an 03WR and I believe that I read that the WR stator will move over to the YZ for 03 and newer! I've been having some problems with my charging system with my Dakar Kit(from Electrex) and from reading the installation instructions it says YZ uses a WR stator for their 01-02 instructions. You may also need the WR flywheel. The 03 WR stock stator generates 14.1-14.9 volts at 5000 RPM.

Yeah, I hear you! I am in the same boat. Although I didn't think that the WR stator was that much cheaper. How much is it anyway?

Anyone know if the Stator, generator and cover from a WR would fit onto a YZ? Looking for a less costly route than buying the stator/generator from eline at $499 a pop!

I am not sure about 2003 and newer bikes. I tried to put an 02 YZF flywheel and stator on my 02 WR250F and it wouldn't work with the WRF CDI. Installing them were no problem and the harness plugs matched (even the same color wires) but I couldn't get any spark. I tried rewiring the stator in several different ways to no avail. I was finally able to pick up an 02 YZF CDI on ebay cheap, rewired the stator to stock, and now she works fine. So my conclusion on the 02 models is that the CDIs are more different than just the gray wire.

Again, I am not sure about 03 and newer models but you better find out for sure before you buy.