Sign in to follow this  

fuel switch off position

I noticed in the manual that only US models have an off position on the fuel switch. I have the Canada model and don't have this position. How am I suppose to be able to take the fuel tank off without being able to turn off the fuel first?

There actually isn't an "off" position on the petcock.

Basically, if you have it set to "on" it's "off" :cry: . In other words, leave it set to "on" and it won't leak.

Basically, if you have it set to "on" it's "off" :cry: . In other words, leave it set to "on" and it won't leak.

On works as Off and won't leak? Well, I hope so since I really don't have any other choice, except draining the tank first. My three settings are ON, PRIM, RES. I guess I'll have to try it out.

You do not have an off, cuz you have an S,, Vac operated petcock. So you have on, RES, and Prime.. Other models have an ON, OFF, RES.

As Bronco said, the S has a vacuum petcock. It needs engine vacuum to the vacuum port on the petcock, to keep the fuel flowing.