Sign in to follow this  

2002 TTR 250

My local dealer still has a leftover 2002 TTR 250 in the showroom. I think I should be able to get a pretty sweet deal on it. Has anything changed on the TTR 250 since '02? About how much do you think a leftover '02 should cost me?

I THINK IDENTICAL, I PICKED UP LEFTOVER 2003 3600.00 DOLLARS , CAN'T BEAT IT, LOVE THAT BUTTON, JUST GOT T-4 EXHAUST AND FREE FLOW AIR CLEANER, IF I CAN FIND JETS SHOULD BE BIG IMPROVE

How is the TTR power wise when compared to the XR 250? Are 2nd gear wheelies possible?

How is the TTR power wise when compared to the XR 250? Are 2nd gear wheelies possible?

They should be.

I have ridden/owned both an 02 XR 250 and an 03 TTR 250 and I

like the power of the TTR 250 better. Just my opinion...

The XR hasn't been updated in quite awhile. The estart is

nice on the TTR and the handling and suspension is good.

If you can get the TTR for a good price I'd say go for it

as you can't go wrong.

Sam

A friend has a 03 xr250 and I have a 04 TTR. I and he say the TTR is much better. Faster and better handling. You will see more XR's around though

So if I get one I will have to add

-O ring chain

-Real Hand Guards

-Fender Bag

-Skid Plate

Whats the deal with jets for it, are they hard to get or something? I would assume there are loads of aftermarket pipes to buy for it too right?

I think the jets are hard to get or just not as avaialble as others. I wouldn't say "loads of aftermarket pipes" The popular one's are out there.

I have a 2000 TTR 250 and it came with an o-ring chain. I must admit that it has more power then my dads 2003 xr 250r. I recently put an fmf mega max pipe on it and it woke the big up tons. It is also a fully adjustable pipe so you can controll the sound and type of power gain you get. So far this bike has done nothing but tear up the trails and I must say I am sold on the TTR name. If you can get the 02 for a good price I say go for it. :cry:

liquid i just ordered that mega max 2 pipe.do u use the stock end cap?and did u try to rejet?i also ordered quiet insert.im thinking there is something im going to run into when i go to put it on? maby not im going by pictures.i allready took the stock pipe off and the clamp where it goes into header seems to be welded on,did u have to get another clamp?