Sign in to follow this  

'03 WR250F Jetting for Colorado

I live in Colorado and just purchased the JD kit and fuel screw. What are you guys running in the area around here or any suggestions on the settings. I ride and live around Colorado Springs and Timberline trail. Should the settings also be changed for trips to Moab? I have done the grey wire, neutral switch and I have uncorked the stock pipe.. Next is the power now, once I get the jetting dialed.. :cry:

The blue marked needle with the clip in the middle position should work good this time of year with a #170-175 main jet. The cooler, fall temperatures will allow slightly richer settings.

During summer, I would use the red marked needle in the middle or 3rd from top position. We tested a '03 WR250F last year there during the Colorado 500 to determine the settings in the kit.

Thanks,

James

The needle choice partly depends on what elevation you're riding at and weather conditions. Considering the low elevations are starting at ~5000ft and go up from there, I would change to the red needle above approx. 65F and blue marked below that temp. Judge how the bike runs at 0-1/4 throttle when fully warmed to decide, with the red needle being leaner. A leaner clip position on the blue marked needle will run nearly the same as a richer clip on the red marked needle.

James