Sign in to follow this  

Jetting On XR250R Ca. BIke

Hey Boys and Girls,

I have a problem trying to get my bike running properly. I have an '03 Honda XR250R, and I've drilled the stock exhuast(Gor Mod-8 holes), removed the snorkel, haven't got but, will have the uni filter, and thats it. I've been reading like crazy trying to figure out which jetting setup I need but its not really working. My Keihin carb came stock with the 122 main and 45 pilot. I tried a 130, 132, and 135 main and its not right, I've messed with the fuel screw and all. The problem is that Im having a hard time getting it to stay started with no choke, it wants full, cold or warm. Also stop to 1/4 throttle is non-existant, Im not sure about the remainder of the throttle position cause it wont ever get that far. Im working on the bike at maybe 600ft and do most of my riding between 2500 and (max)4000ft.

I do all of my own work on my bike and Im not afraid to do anything, so any help would be great, possibly someone with the same bike and problem.

Thanks Guys

Try lowering the clip on the needle. This should really help quite a bit.(fourth clip from top) The main jets will only really be noticable at wide open throttle. Do not change the mainjets to tune carb at lesser throttle positions. The needle controls most of the metering from about 1/8-7/8 throttle.