Sign in to follow this  

520 Chain to heavy for XR200

Hi, Recently I bought a new chain for my XR200R 84, when the chain arrived I noticed it was much heavier than the original one. My concern is that this new chain will afect power considerably due to its weight.

Is there a "light" 520 chain for this kind of bikes?

Thanks

Ramon

Well, no.

However, you might be able to get a 428 conversion for it. Goto http://www.motorcyclesprockets.com/html/main.shtml . You'll have to do a bit of searching, or you can call them. There very helpful.

My concern is that this new chain will affect power considerably due to its weight.

Yes, and contact area.

the 520 chain is a bigtime overkill for the 200, the 428 chain is much smaller, lighter( i would imagine) and plenty strong enough for you. plus its a liitle cheaper as well.

HTH

~ToaDsiX

Hi, Recently I bought a new chain for my XR200R 84, when the chain arrived I noticed it was much heavier than the original one. My concern is that this new chain will afect power considerably due to its weight.

Uhhh :cry: well yes there is a lighter 520 chain that you can run on your 200.

Most XR200s came with a heavy 520 0-ring chain.

I switched to a high quality non o-ring chain on my 200 and am happy with the results.

Not only is it lighter but the rear wheel rolls like a 10-speed bicycle wheel :cry:......Karl

I find my chain won't stay tight. Its probably worn out but it doesnt slip yet so I'm not buying another one!

John