Sign in to follow this  

Got my '05 KLX 300R

Picked up my '05 KLX 300R yesterday from East Bay Motorsports in Hayward.(Great guys to work with)

Very happy with the bike, except the slight hesitation at low rpms. Is this common? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

All 4-strokes have more hesitation than a 2-stroke cause you have to wait longer for the power stroke.

I'd follow the manual break it in and they worry about that if it just doesn't go away.

I bought a KLX250 back in 1996 from Hayward Kawasaki which was bought out by your new dealership. The old guys were pretty good to me, hopefully the new place carries on that tradition.

Cheers,

The KLX comes jetted lean and constipated. First, get a non-California needle for the carb and install it. There is a thin aluminum plug covering the pilot screw adjustment on the bottom of the carb. Remove it and back out the screw about 2 1/2 turns from seated. Next, remove the top of the air box and remove the end plate on the end of the muffler. It will be like a diferent engine has been installed.

It sounds like you're not too far from where I live, south Hayward. If you need any help, let me know.

Ride on

Brewster

Get the Dynojet carb kit, it will fix your hesitation and give you more power.