Sign in to follow this  

Seized 125 Rear Suspension

Has anyone had a problem with the rear suspension on a 125 seizing? My son wanted to ride this evening and when he sat on the bike he asked if I had done anything to it because it was taller. I hadn't. I sat on it and it only has about 1" of travel and is stiff. It feels like it bottoms, stops all of a sudden. I let him ride around the yard for a while to see what would happen. Nothing changed. I won't get a chance to look into it until tomorrow night or Sat. I have a feeling it might be the shock, if so does anyone have a stock one that they may have changed out that they would sell?

Took the bike apart tonight. Unable to find out what was causing the problem. I took the shock off and the swing arm and all the linkage worked fine. Next I took the spring off the shock and then tried it by pushing it on the floor. It worked fine. Put everything back together and it works. I am assuming that when I was taking the preload off the spring and the stem turned on the shock it must have loosened up whatever was stuck. The bike hadn't been ridden in a few weeks but I don't know if the valving was stuck or what. We will now be able to go on a ride that we have planned for this weekend. I will post if there are anymore problems.