Sign in to follow this  

Is legal to ride a '04 YZ250F (stock pipe) in the Frazier Park area?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if is legal to ride a '04 YZ250F (stock pipe) in the Frazier Park area?

I am concern about noise.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Manny,

A stock YZ pipe has no spark arrestor, that will be a bigger issue for you than noise. I have not seen anyone checking for 96db up there yet but the spark arrestor is a must.

The only bike i have seen tested at gorman was a yz 450f that was really loud. And like len said sparkarrester is a MUST. :cry:

Don't even think about it. It's a $800+ fine, and the rangers are very tuned into the "Blue" bikes and check them regualarly. Even though my buddies have 01 and 02 YZF's and are green stickered, we get checked almost every time we're out there. Ride without a spark arrestor in fire season and prepare to get your butt kicked.... :cry: :cry:

Thank you everyone for your responses.

I forgot to mention that I did install an spark arrestor after I bought the bike because I heard that I could get a ticket without riding with it specially in the Gorman area.

I was just concern about noise with my stock pipe.

A friend of mine gave me his sound level meter and I am going to test the noise my bike makes before I go riding this weekend.

Bill when you say about that I am going to get a ticket, do you mean that because I didn't specify I have an spark arrestor or it is because of the noise?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Manny, I was refering to the spark arrestor. If you've got one, you should be cool. Be aware though, the rangers up there are very aware that the "Blue" yamaha bikes are loud and the YZF's don't have spark arrestors (stock). That makes them a prime target to get pulled over. We've been stopped before even getting unloaded and suited up. As far as sound level is concerned, there is a very specific way they check it. RPM's, level weighting and angle from exhaust. I'd stop by Hungry Valley and have them check your bike for you voluntarily. That way you'll know for sure. If they turn you down, head out to the desert where no one will bother you. Good luck. Bill