time for the crf to go

bikes in the paper this week, i've decided to drop down to a ktm 125sx, being 5'10 and 160 1bs i think it will ok 4 me.

the crf was great fun for riding up the tips and messing about on the mountain, but after racing a few hare scrambles and mx's i've realized that the 450 is just to much for me, both power and weight.

i've read loads and loads of reviews and forum posts regarding all the new 250 4/strokes and they all seem to have the same problems as i've had with my 450 (valves).

so i've been offered a ktm 125sx 04 which seems one of the best out there. i know its gonna take a bit of getting used to with the gearing and lack of torque to pull out of the corners. but i'm sure the practise will improve my riding and fittness.

also the maintenance will be cheaper and easier (just bought a new house so thats good).

You will be fine on the KTM 125 SX. I just purchased one three weeks ago. Currently, I would have to say that the CRF250R and KTM125SX are the easiest to ride for on the track (150 lbs with gears).

The CRF450R will just be my "poser" bike. It has way too much power. The 04 feels more and more like the YZF (lots of low end power and snappy). I like my old 02 CRF450R better in terms of power (less intimidating).

KTM 125SX has plenty of power. More power than any 125

2-strokes.

Go get that 125SX. I got mine brand new for $4000 out the door.

its an 04 125sx, triple clamps , doma, pipes, black excel rims, twinwalls, power now, and the shocks have been revalved (lucky the previous owner is my weight) £2500 (gbp)

got the crf up for £3500 so ill pocket a grand.

job done

i cant wait to be able to try whipping it, last time i tried on the crf i ended up upsidedown in a hedge.