Sign in to follow this  

From blue to ?

Wow my buddy just got a 04 RMZ250 and I have a Yz250f. I road his bike and it handeld like a dream I was even a little faster so now I'm thinking of selling the YZ. What do you think I've been looking through you posts and there seems to be alot of problems with the kx an rm's. Any advice would be great. :cry: :cry:

I rode my buddy's 2002 YZ250F, and felt faster on that. I thought it was a little better and more consistant in the power department, but it didn't handle like my bike. I think it's all in personal pref. If you like the handling bike, go for it. But you might want to read more about the valve issues of the 2004's. Plus the overheating when they first came out. Best bet if you want a yellow or green 250F is get a 2005. Haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. :cry:

I havent any probs wit my bike, it has been rock solid. I think all the overheating problems are coming from woods riders but I can tell you that I just race motocross and have only lost a lil fluid when its really hot (i live in texas so it can get pretty darn hot). As far as the valves, I dont know what to say there, I havent had any problems with mine and my friend has gone through 6 sets in the past 2 weeks on his 04 honda 250f!!! If you like it get it.

I actually do mostly woods and powerlines and I don't have any overheating problems (once only when i went on a mtn. bike trail but that's my fault not the bike's) it won't be reliable as ur yamaha but it will handle better.

Alright I can get an 04 with the pro-ciruit mods done valves and springs water and oil mod, for 5000.00 is that a good deal? Oh ya also some head mods to make it inhale and exhale better.Thanks

Is it new or used? If it is a left over new bike I'd say that's not too bad, and think about it for a day. If it's used I'd say no. I wouldn't go more then $3000.00 on a used Kaw or Suz 250f. Especially if it was ridden hard.

its used the shop has 3 for 4600.00-5,000 for one with the mods. I'm just realy not sure what to do I love my yzf its never ever let me down, but I realy like the way the rm an kx handel. Thank you all for the info

Do you have any suspension mods done to your YZ? If not I'd try that before I get rid of such a reliable bike for a used KXF or RMZ. Sometimes suspension mods can make a whole new feel to a bike. Check out Factory Connection. They revalved mine and set it up for my style of riding, all I had to do was fine tune it. If you get your suspension done through them you can call their help line and get tips for setting it up, and support if you need it. They also have east, west, and Canada distribution centers to make all deliveries fast. I'd feel a little skittish about a used KXF for $5000 though. :cry:

Dang, i'd hope i could get at least 3800 out of mine with only 10 hours on it!! Bought it new in January and only get to ride a few times a month. Gots bars, pc cover, graphics, radiator braces, filter.