Sign in to follow this  

I'm purchasing a used 2003 230. I'm a n00b!

I've just put down a deposit on a used 2003 CRF230 to hold it until I can get down to the dealership next week to take delivery. I have never purchased a motorcycle before so I'm looking for some tips on what to look for when I get to the dealership. According to the dealership the 230 has about 2-4 hours on it and the plastic and everything is 100% perfect and a 9.5 on the 1-10 scale. I haven't ridden a motorcycle in well over 10 years so I'm honestly a bit nervous about test driving the thing when I get there. I'll almost assured to make an ass out of myself. :cry:

I'm paying $2,500 out the door here in Florida from a dealer inluding tax and title from the adverised price of $2700(before tax, title). This seems to be a fairly reasonable price on a good condition bike from what I have seen in the past two months of keeping an eye out on these bikes. :shrug:

Is there any diffrence between the 2003, 2004 and 2005? Any other usefull comments?

I am pretty sure the '05 are coming with some sort of mods on it. But they are supposed to be pricey. So the Crf230's I am looking at are the '04's which are $3300 at my dealer.

Congratulations :cry:

The 230 is a blast and easy to ride - I am sure you will not have a problem.. Just make sure you have all the necessary gear - Dont ride without it :cry:

I am pretty sure the '05 are coming with some sort of mods on it. But they are supposed to be pricey. So the Crf230's I am looking at are the '04's which are $3300 at my dealer.

yep the 2005's have new mods.... WHOOPIE!

They solved thier jetting problems for one :cry: WOOT WOOT :cry:.... hmmm put some other stuff.. i forgot .//// mostly new parts that look shinier.. Picking up my 130 in december ALIght! :cry:

Sounds like a pretty good price. I just paid $2300 for a used 2003 from an individual, so no tax or dealer fees. Mine was in very good condition with brush guards and an aftermarket exhaust. clean otherwise, so $2500 from a dealer including fees is good.

They solved thier jetting problems for one :cry: WOOT WOOT :cry:.... hmmm put some other stuff.. i forgot .//// mostly new parts that look shinier.. Picking up my 130 in december ALIght! :cry:

I wasnt aware that the 230 had jetting problems and what new mods do you think they have done? :cry:

They solved thier jetting problems for one :cry: WOOT WOOT :cry:.... hmmm put some other stuff.. i forgot .//// mostly new parts that look shinier.. Picking up my 230 in december ALIght! :cry:

I wasnt aware that the 230 had jetting problems and what new mods do you think they have done? :cry:

Well, the it isnt nescarily a problem but a set back... that starting the bike up cold is a pain in the butt... not sure about the mods... i know there are some... i have to check RacerX :cry:

Buy it used. Read the Honda website no mods that I see. Generally the trail bike they dont do anything to year after year. Only motorcross.

Buy it used. Read the Honda website no mods that I see. Generally the trail bike they dont do anything to year after year. Only motorcross.

You're paying 100 bcks for a changed spark plug color and graphics that look exactly the same.