Sign in to follow this  

tire selection

I finally got to the point where I need a new rear tire. I can get a good deal when buying a set from my dealer, even if they are mixed brands. I have heard the dunlop race replica front is a really good tire that holds well and doesn't push out. I hear that maxxis makes a great rear tire also. I kind of want a rear tire that isn't so soft it shreads in 2 rides, but I also want decent traction.

by far the best tire that I have rode on is the maxxis IT. it has lasted half a season with me riding 3 times a week.. My friend has an 01 yamaha and he still as his on there that he swaped out back in 02 but he is more of the weekend worrior. it hooks up awesome in all sorts or stuff EXCEPT for sand...anyways, anything is better than stock. :cry: :cry:

Has anyone tried different front tires yet? I know mine slides out when I don't have a rut to dump it in or a berm. I think I might go with the race replica, but I haven't heard anything about them.

srry man, all i can tell you is that the front tire is crap. My friend has a maxxis IT and we do mostly powerline riding (lots of rocks) and it isn't showing any signs of wear. my other friend and I are starting to see circles where we had knobbies :cry:

I run maxxis IT's all the way around and no signs of wear yet.Plus there only $40 for the rear and $30 for the front in rocky mountain.Bet your dealer wont beat that!

Hi,

When I got my bike and did my first ride on it I noticed it pushes out in corners,so I took it off and put on Dunlop 756 and it lasted the whole season on hard packed ground.

I had no problems with the stock rear tire.It lasted a long time.

Only $70.00 for a pair of maxxis IT's? What do they charge for shipping? I had their last catalog, but one of my buddies took it home with him and I haven't seen it yet. I know RMMC beets some of my dealer's prices, but I never priced tires through them. I haven't heard anything about the maxxis front tires. I have heard the dunlop 756 is really good though. :cry:

isaacsaunders277,

Where in PA do you live?District 6 or 7?

Its like $15 shipping to PA.I really really like the front tire.It works great in everything I have rode in since I got it.Its really great for everything but sand.