Sign in to follow this  

Panterra Mini Dirt Bikes

A buddy wants a bike for his 4 year old. The Panterra is a Honda Knockoff made in China. 49cc 4 stroke 3speed, hard tail. They are dirt cheap($399-499. I know you get what you pay for, but for a small kid? :cry: Can you get parts? Is it a bike to consider for a kid? here is a link to a picture. http://www.saleshound.com/saleshound/listing_detail.asp?ListingID=-2097760583&OfferID=&PRetailerID=-99798

A guy and his kid at had a couple of them at our track a few weeks ago. They didnt have the 49cc....i think it was a 90cc and also a 150. They kid crashed on the 90 and bent the bars and brake pedal. They guy was complaining that the pedal looked like it was made from "sheet metal". It was really soft metal....I would get something from one of the big maunfactures and save the headache of trying to get or make parts for the panterra.

U go right to the amn when u buy the bike u get all the info the parts are cheaper but there is no real aftermarket parts i think it has the plastic off of a kawasaki or suzuki

I bought one for my kids a 49cc from POOP Boys at Christmas, paid $350 during a 5 hour sale. So far no problems, has 4 gears (advertised 3) and an adjustable throttle. It will pull my 190lbs. at 40mph (advertised 25mph) ungoverned. I have heard that recently no one is able to make contact with Panterra (Nikota USA), (support sucks) but have heard Baja sports is taking over the Co. They have service centers nationwide. From other forums I have found out that the engine parts can be swapped with Honda 50, but the bore and stroke matches the Honda CRF70, (making it actually a 72cc motor). So piston and rings would be from that model. The frame/tires are similar to a PW80 and most parts from that bike fit. But for $400. its a throw away and might just be a good way to introduce a kid to a M/C, before spending bigger bucks on a more expensive bike. :)

Parts for Panterra dirt bikes can be bought through Baja Motorsports

Call 888-863-2252 for parts. www.bajamotorsports.net

They picked up the contract this year since Panterra went out of business. I just ordered a new throttle cable and am grateful that I finally found parts.