Sign in to follow this  

Before i buy one...

hEY guys iam new to this forum...i already asked a lot of people...and they already told me "Get the honda 450"..just want to see what you think of yours and what i should do...

my choices:

CRF450

YZ450F

YZ250

------------

which is my best bet... thank you

I just baught A 05 CRF 450, and i love it, awesome power, great looks, and verry light! :cry:

I have rode a CRF 450 since nov 01 have an 02 and just bought a new 05 what a bike.

Yes I still love YZF's but I wanted to try a Honda and I do love it! But I got to say yamaha has the Best design on there valve train I have ever seen!! Almost bullet proof! :cry:

just to put this out there....what would win....in a straight-a-way stock race....CRF450R...YZ450F...( i know those will be hard to tell )...or YZ250...

i rode an 04 crf450 and it was easy to ride and had tons of power. im small, 5'4 125 lbs but it was still a good bike. The CRF's valve train isnt that good I hear...if you're pinching pennies get the 2-stroke, 2-stroke oil is cheaper then valves :cry: :cry:

hmm..i knew it would be hard to tell..thats ok though....i take it the Honda doesnt have the Titanium Reed Valves like the yamaha?....i have seen two people on here going to get there valves on there CRF re-done in Titanium....what would this do?..i like loud bikes by the way...is the stcok CRF450r loud?

I would have to say the CRF because of the five speed trany, and I think it has like 1 more horse power?

But truthfully I really dont know :cry:

But I do know that my old 426 with a 5 speed got flat out whiped in a drag race with a stock CRF 450. My 426 had a Full white bros exhaust, and a few other little mods :cry:

I have both of the YZ's and like them both although the 2 stroke is alittle funner(yes its a word) to ride. Handling is much better and it's got more of an instant punch. The 450 is good for torque though.

The Honda is a great bike too although the ergo's fit me funny. The bars always seem high on those.