Sign in to follow this  

forks

why is it that when I turn the clickers on the bottom of the forks, I don't notice a difference at all?? I tried it at the softest and hardest, and couldn't tell a difference?? Am I forgetting to do something?

Try adding some heavier weight oil, revalve,or push the forks up into the triple clamps about 1/2 to 1 inch or get an aftermarket fork springs.

--------

1987 Xr250r- 909 Team talls, Millville tires, maier

plastics, ufo universal mx fender, cycra bark busters, k&n airfilter, snorkel removed, and many more experiments.

1961 Honda 90

It may be because of your riding style that you have not noticed a difference. When I could not climb a rocky hill because the front end kept deflecting I softened it up all the way and climbed it with no problem. With the soft setting though it would throw me down in the woops if I hit them too hard.

why is it that when I turn the clickers on the bottom of the forks, I don't notice a difference at all??

The bottom clickers are for compression, right?

It might be harder to notice a difference while riding, depending on how hard you ride, but...

You should notice SOME kind of difference between full hard and full soft just sitting on the bike, grabbing the front brake, and "bouncing" the bike forward by pushing on the handlebars really hard.

I know I can feel the difference on my bike (between full hard and full soft) that way.