2005 KX250F

Hey, 'm from Italy, wanted to say something... sorry for my english. I got a 04 kx250f, i race mx and enduro in local events, i had prolems in loosing coolant, i figured out my bike was boiling (bec of every magasines told that), and i kept adding coolant for long... than my mechanic at local shop took the head apart and saw there was a simple problem of air from chamber to coolant blowing it up like a tire and pushing out coolant. I even changed the coolant flow adding the T hose like nearly all the kxf ownwers and the bike works fine.

I've been impressed by this fact : the bike is very reliable, bec of in some races, even enduro, I lost more than half coolant 5 minutes after the start and even racing the bike out of coolant the bike had no damage, started always first kick and valves r ok. In my opinion is a good bike, of course i don't use it like a mowing machine, but like a race bike. I see in my local track somebody using 250 4T like a 125... and even mince yzf, that in my opinion is the most reliable... overrun the engine doesn't mean ride fast, to ride fast just insert gears when the engine ask for it... and every modern jap bike will be more reliable. I'm wrong ? ?

Hi, I want to answer to mr. dirtmachine: of course to run my bike with half the coolant in last two races has been a mistake, i knew was a risky situation, infact I kept my bike slow on the transfer track and just used it hard on the chronemeter-timed part. I didn't know what the problem was and even wanted to close the local championship partecipating to every races even if the prob was getting worse.

Anyway this is my business, u can't call idiot everybody does something different of what u would do. The real idiot is you, that come here to insult people like me, just registred in this site, coming from another country and giving effort to partecipate here. I see u r a TT Bronze Member, with almost 500 posts here. I really hope that TTsite didn't upgrade u for giving idiot around 500 times, or litigate like is happening now in the "new bike shootouts"... Here in Italy we have a site very similar to this one, very nice but of course smaller, but i never saw somebody distribute idiot around, for any reason and i see nobody does it even here, but u.

My first intention after your insult was to give up reading and writing on TT, but i see that around here rude this way is just you, I hope u r at least a very fast rider, even if this wouldn't allow u to insult other off road bikers. I apologize with everybody for the time lost in reading this answer.

Ennio,

Good point and a serious irritant of mine lately. Too much trash talk and not enough helping other riders out.

I've been on this site awhile, starting out in the CRF450 area. Somewhat more civilized there, and I kinda saw this trash talk thing coming with the advent of popular 250f's. Most people on 450f's have a few more years of maturity behind them. The 250f's have brought in a whole new group of 125 and mini riders that are quite a bit younger. And sure enough, most of the the insulting back and forth seems to happen with this new group of riders. Being young is no excuse for being rude, imo, and if I've insulted someone older that is also rude, my apologies ? Blind faith in the color of bikes seems to be at an all time high lately. ?

Keep on givng your input and experiences and hopefully we can all gain from them, good or bad. I'm on a red bike now, but was on green, and who knows what next year. All the info here is bound to help at some time or another ?

Ride on,

Mark

RMark, I want to thank you for being a BIG help on this particular forum. You have even PM'd me back with great info and help. I just don't see why certain members HAVE TO POST AND CHIME IN ON EVERY SINGLE TOPIC. dirtmachine, you are probably a nice guy and all, but when i look at the first page and see your name on every reply column to every post, i start to wonder if you really do have good info, or just goin for that TT GOLD or whatever the hell one would get with so many posts.

Just my opinion, PM ME if you want to flame me.

dirtmachine, you running off at the mouth again,alienating new comers to the forum,Do you really believe you have some information at the ripe old age of 15 that somebody can use that hasn't been posted already, If you wouldn't spend so much time talking on here and alot more time listening you would learn more, and personally I would like to see just how fast you are,{Open invitaion to come join us here in Springfield Mo.for a select ride of your choice, not that it has anything to do with one damn thing on this forum.} I really don't know anything about these motorcycles, I am a bmx mechanic but they have two wheels too.

I know for a fact that I know more than many adults when it comes to mechanics. Whether it's nitro rc cars, dirtbikes, quads, or power equipment. I know quite a bit. You don't have to read my posts and if you want to see how fast I am you can come up here to CT and join me and my friends for a ride, I have nothing to proove to you and have better things to do with my time than going to MO.