MCCT

Is the cam tension a major problem with the Drz? How often does it need to be adjusted? Thanks

The automatic one that comes on the bike is a major problem as it will back out and let the chain skip a tooth and come off and will cause major engine damage and at that point you minus well just replace the engine because it would probably be cheaper. If you put the manual one on there from Machinest or APE it has a locking nut so it wont allow it to back out. Burned told me he has had his for over a year and never needed to adjust it. That was probably about 6 months ago and I have never had to adjust mine other than when I installed it but you can hear it so if you hear the chain slapping around just tighten it. It's cheap insurance and easy to put on and seems easy to maintain.

Yep you just unscrew the old one it is held in with two allen bolts and slide it out then slide the new one in and put the two bolts back and then tighten the long bolt in the middle until you hear the chain stop ratteling. Obviously don't try to turn the engine over without a cam chain tensioner in there. www.geocities.com/drzinfo tells you how to install it under installation instructions.