Sign in to follow this  

riding at night

i was just wondering if i only need to have a headlight to ride at night or do i also need a tail light too? im just wondering cuz ill prolly need some lights on my bike for this upcoming desert season, mainly for glamis.

National forests require a headlight and tail light. You should check in your area though.

a tail light is safety for ya, it let other to see ya, at least they don't bang into ya A$$ at high speed.

I've witnessed many rear end accidents in Glamis due to lack of visibility. Bikers hit by jeepers and sandrails, everything. I would not only suggest a headlight, but a taillight, lighted whip and duct tape glow sticks all over yourself. It may sound gay but its a safety thing. 50 thousand drunk reckless a-holes hauling a$$, not paying attention. At least they have cages around them, you dont get that luxury. an average of 11 to as high as 22 people die at Glamis every holiday event due to this. My personal advice is to not ride there at night. Save it for the daytime. :cry:

ya, i wanna keep the riding to the daytime but its kinda hard when you have to ride from the drags, once it ends, all the way to the washes(wash 11). so im just doin it to be safe, i wont likely be going for any major rides at night. thanks for the help guys.