Sign in to follow this  

Looking for people who want to meet up and ride

My buddy and I ride alot but I only know a few people who ride. I'm looking for people who like to trail ride and would like to meet up and ride!

the best thing to do is post a day your going to ride and ask anyone to come along or look for riding posts they post all the time ride dates and who wants to meet.... just in case you didn't know...

where do you ride? do you trial ride or ride track?

there almost always seems to be a ride over the weekend gorman is popular and so is cal city.... hope this helps

I'm a trial rider I ride gorman, stoddard, palster city, rowher flats, big bear, saddleback, octoillo wells, and I'm open to any other place in california and surrounding states

I live in Bakersfield and try to ride a couple time a week, through the week I usually have to work the weekends. Send me a PM when you are going and I will try to meet you if im not working :cry:

Hi,

In the forum called "Dualsport/Adventure there is a link called some thing like ocatia wells dual sport ride wich is the 16th of this month.(though the entree form emplies that it's not limited to dual sports.)

My Buddies and I are planing on going to the off road poker run on the 30th and 31st of this month at stoddard wells.(more info at www.barstowpokerrun.com)

And we have already enter the Elsinor grand prix which takes place in lake elsinor on Nov. 13th and 14th.( more info at www.goateyewear.com)...My first race...

If any of this is intersting to you E me.

But be warned...I'm not a very good rider :cry:

I'm available to ride on Sunday and Monday. I like riding in the Stoddard, Johnson, Lucerne Valley areas, and the mountains /foothills around big bear and lake arrowhead. If interested send me an e-mail or PM.

BajaThmpr,

I ride those same areas all the time. Would love to meet up with everyone for a fun dual-sport ride. Have you ever done Stoddard-Lucerne-Big Bear-Arrowhead-Stoddard? Nice long day. You could start in any of those areas and it is a big loop. Gas/food available in Lucerne, Big Bear and Arrowhead. Hopefully Dish Pan Flats Road will be open from Crab Flats to Arrowhead soon, if not it is either paved road to get to Arrowhead or by-pass through Big Pines. I will be on vacation until 10-24. PM me to discuss.

Unfortunately, I'm not dual sported. The usual loop my buddies and i do starts off Stoddard Wells rd just east of dale evans, we go past the go cart track, over the tracks in a S/E direction, then up a sand wash through a canyon just south of the hillside quarry and into a valley that continues east toward the 247. We go along the 247 and turn back west past the dinosaur house and meet up with the Stoddard Wells dirt road back to camp. We also used to go north along the 15, but since they have really been doing construction and have that rock quarry just N of dale evans we haven't ridden that loop.

Can we ride by Failan? (Im shure I mis-spelled that!)

It's a town just north of Wright wood in the high desert.

A lonnggg time ago when I was young,(close to 20 yrs ago) a friend took me there, and there was this massive sand hill. Im shure time has afected my memory, but it must have been 2 foot ball fild's high and STEEP!. If you did'nt hit it in 3rd gear, full throttle, all the way, you would'nt make it. My friend taught me to do it on my 85 rm 250.I have an itch to try it on my drz...

On the same note,

Can you ride any were in the open desert???

There are alot of rides you can do not dual sported. I take my CRF and prior to that my CR out to Johnson Valley/Stoddard all the time. Have you ever rode through the Ord Mountains between Johnson and Stoddard? There are only designated roads/trials but you can combine the two areas into one long ride. I will be out at Anderson Dry Lake at the 100's MC AMA National H&H Oct 23 & 24. If you are available that Sunday PM me.

dirtman13, I'm looking at riding Sun 10/17 and 10/24 in preparation to ride the Barstow Poker Run on 10/30. I'm also avail to ride 10/18 and 10/25. Where do you live? I'm in whittier. PM me to set-up a ride date.

As far as I know Faelan is still open, and yes, that hill is still there. Came down it, and I thought I was going over the bars. Flynall's Son made it look easy going up and down it 4 more times. :cry:

I've met all of the people I ride with from this site. Nice bunch of people I've been riding with for coming up on 3 years now. I keep meeting more. :cry:

That hill in Phalen is so cool... It's so wide and obsical free on the bottom half that almost nothing can go wrong. When U realize your not going to make, just turn and fall into the hill, and catch your breath. When your ready,ride back down then try again... Only FASTER!!! :cry: