Sign in to follow this  

04 525 EXC whats the range???

I am going to do the LA to Vegas, and was wondering what everybody was getting on there bike.................thanks loco :cry:

I'm wondering the same. I can go 34 miles on the "ON" position, but do not know how big reserve is. I'm guessing about 15 miles or so but just want to verify before I end up pushing a 525.

It's all going depend on the right wrist. If you're plonking along on a dirt road, your mileage could be awesome. If you're on the gas in sand or mud, it could be horrible. Best to test it in the conditions you're going to be riding in and figure it out for your own riding style. I wouldn't count more than 45-50 if you're on the gas much, though. The stock tank is pretty small on the RFS EXC's.

If it doesn't rain and my dad is willing I plan to strap 5 gallons to his quad and run my 525EXC til it stops this weekend. If I do, I'll post the results.

You are going to need more than a stock exc tank to ride the La-b-v with any piece of mind. You can put on an mxc tank, or an ims or clark replacement tank.

I ride a 520 mxc and mileage has varied between a low around 30mpg to a high around 50mpg depending on terrain gearing and aggressiveness.