Making a YZ450F a little better for woods?

I love to ride both motorcross and woods. I recently got a 2004 YZ450F. Right now the bike is set-up awsome for motorcross, its all stock parts. I recently did an enduro and was a little disapointed. First gear was to choppy and second bogged to much which made my rear wheel break loose to much. Think I should just try changing the gearing?

I'd play with the gearing and possibly a flywheel weight, i know on the 426 2 teeth up on the rear sprocket made a heck of a difference in the woods.

Try doing a search on this you should be able too find some useful info. ?

I've got the same bike as you (04 450F) and I added a Zip-Ty racing 8oz. flywheel weight. It is so much better now it is incredible. Stock gearing too. It chugs much better and stalling is greatly reduced. I could play with the gearing a little bit too, but I don't really think I have to at this point. Highly recommend the flywheel weight.

I didnt do anything it came set up. Yamaha did an awsome job. I just added Renthal bars and adjusted my sag properly and off i went.

So im seeing most people think I should go with the flywheel weight...The only problem is i dont want to lose that power right out of corners that it has for the track...I think i just should get two bikes ?

I just dropped to a 13T on the front sprocket and it gave the bike its first gear back. My only complaint was the first gear was too tall, the 13T took care of that for $12.

I don't think the bike needs anything else...

Ovrrdrive, I tied with 14-50 and went to 15-50 cause I did not have the top speed on straights in soft sand and the bike seemed even more brutal, should we try a flywheel weight? Just supplied a Z-start to my friend and he swears upon it, havent´t tried it yet, maybe John-the-old-fox is right?? ?

Lower your foot pegs and put a tall seat foam on the bike. That along with bark busters soft settings and a good set of bars and your set. I ride only woods on mine and I love it. I don't think its geared too high or too brutal.

I just dropped to a 13T on the front sprocket and it gave the bike its first gear back. My only complaint was the first gear was too tall, the 13T took care of that for $12.

I don't think the bike needs anything else...

Ovrrdrive, I tied with 14-50 and went to 15-50 cause I did not have the top speed on straights in soft sand and the bike seemed even more brutal, should we try a flywheel weight? Just supplied a Z-start to my friend and he swears upon it, havent´t tried it yet, maybe John-the-old-fox is right?? ?

I'm sure the bike lost some top end, but for me that wasn't an issue. Well, it isn't an issue yet anyway. I've been spending most of my time enjoying the power of the bike, and the 13T just made that a little more noticeable. Keep in mind i spent the last year riding a 130hp streetbike. The "hit" gets my blood flowing. I love it. ?

I'm sure as my riding skill improves and I start riding harder, I may find some new needs for the bike. But for now it does everything I ask of it.