Sign in to follow this  

2004 rmz250

confused,i once read in here somewhere that to replace the valves the valve seat`s must be redone,and i know i can`t do the valve seat`s in my garage.I`ve already reshimed 2 week`s ago ran great untill last night,no start.SO are new valve spring`s going to help me out or should i send it out somewhere to be redone with new valves,spring`s,and or what ever it take`s.Don`t get me wrong i love the bike, and have had now for 11 month`s here in michigan.cool site can`t wait to ride again

If the valve seat is still okay, you don´t need to redo it when you put a new valve into. Most times when the valve somehow brakes or whatever, the seat gets hurt, too; if this is the case you need to redo the seat, but if there´s no necessity -> you don´t need to...

so look at your seat and decide what there is to do :cry:

thank`s i`ll give it a try,i hate to even bring up the valve issue because it seem`s like everybody is talking about it.i probably should do both valve`s dont`t ya think.it suck`s because we just about finished our backyard track.........

I had my valve and seat fixed at the twenty hour mark. Last night I checked the clearance again (its at 46 hours now) and it is still perfect! I would have the seat looked at by someone who is qualified, no need to waste money on valves twice :cry: