Sign in to follow this  

Hare Scramble carnage report.......need help

Well I tried my hand at a local hare scramble. I did manage to come in ahead of 3 bikes that died on the trail, but overall I stunk . To add insult to injury, I got caught in a washout rut and smacked my speedo on a tree and it is now FUBAR. I went to the dealer and they want almost $700 for a new one. Is there an aftermarket direct replacement, or should I try used ? I'm obviously looking to spend less than $700. I'm not a mechanical whiz, but a direct swap I could handle. Thanks.

Congrats for finishing :cry:. Also congrats on trashing the speedo, now you won't have to worry about the battery drain :cry:. I've seen a bicycle computer used on the DRZ before, $30-40 bucks and you got a speedo. But it shouldn't be too hard to find a used one, lots of people on here have replaced theirs. Good luck.

yea $699.72 is the price i was told :cry: and i dident even brake it my brother did :cry:

The trailteck works ok but there is no back light

DRZ 2112,

I have a used one that I took off of my bike when I converted to the E odometer. The unit works fine; I took it off because I no longer have a battery on the bike either as I went with the kicker kit. It does show about 2900 miles on the odo though. Its never been down and in perfect shape if you are interested. 2001 S model. PM me!

Frank

was it dusty? midsouth?

No it was in Clay City, KY. Really local event. Only about 50 bikes. Thanks for the E-bay link, 2BB. I've been looking there for months since it happened, but to no avail.

Well I still have a stock spedo in the parts box if anyone needs one PM me and maybe we can work out a deal?

Also probably gonna give up the trailtech and a billet protector soon to move on to the Veypor.

:cry: