Sign in to follow this  

Trivia - Do you know these?

1) Howerton

2) :cry: Tough one

3) :cry: Tough one

4) Laporte

5) Mosier

2 & 3 would be very tough, I do not think I will have anything else on them. Try some wild a$$ guess later. :cry:

(Oh and once again, great pics.) :cry:

I don't remember Howerton on a RM, so my guess are:

1. Tony D.

2. Jim Pomeroy

3. Brad Lackey

4. Mark Barnett

5. Jimmy Wienert

I,m going with 1,howerton 2,theiss 3,chandler 4,barnett &5,gassin, gaylon mosier.

We have a new champion classic expert with poocow. He is exactly correct. JohnnyO I had to laugh earlier when you guessed Theiss on a couple of early questions, one being the shrimp one of Ward. Theiss was a big ole Nebraska cornfed boy.

1234560-R3-E124.jpg

Chandler is riding another non-factory Suzuki in his second year as a pro. Thats two years in row on Suzuki for Chandler.

Barnett did look much like LaPorte in his riding style and size. Here he is on his first year factory ride.

:cry:

Barnett did look much like LaPorte in his riding style and size.

I remember coming off the track from practice one day at Byron, IL and seeing this ultra tricked-out XR75 waiting to go out. Nickle-plated with a bore and stroke job for the ages with a runt of a kid sitting on the seat. That kid proceeds to go out and put on a show better than any 'A' rider in the place that day. His name was Mark Barnett.

I practiced with him again last year at a vintage race and pitted next to him. He hasn't lost much. He's really dry-humored and was calling my wife 'PT' (as in pit tootsie) all weekend. :cry: