Sign in to follow this  

Bearing grease

What type of grease are all of you using on your linkage and stearing stem bearings. The reason I ask is because I have been using Bel-ray grease and when my bike sat in the trailer and it got hot out the grease would melt and drip onto the floor of the trailer. I don't think that can be a good thing :cry:

I use marine bearing grease that is normally used for boat trailer wheel bearings and outboard motors. It is specially formulated to not mix or wash out in presense of water, so it really works well if you do a lot of creek crossings or wash your bike a lot like I do!

You can get it in the automotive section at WalMart. :cry:

Correct me if i am wrong but isnt the Bel-Ray grease for marine use too...Because in my local honda shop they have it

Don't know for sure, as I have never used BelRay grease. I bet you can get the marine grease at WalMart A LOT cheaper than at the bike shop, though. The last time I bought it, they were selling Lubriplate and Pennsoil Marine grease for only a couple of bucks for one of those tubes that slide into a grease gun. :cry:

Bellray waterproof grease, just bought a tub $5.00 its the best :cry: